INEOS Olefins & Polymers USA
Interested in joining a winning team? A team whose employees are empowered to make a difference?
The O&P USA business includes the product lines Ethylene, propylene, butadiene, polypropylene and high-density polyethylene. Manufacturing sites include Chocolate Bayou Works (Alvin, TX), Battleground Manufacturing Complex (LA Porte, TX), and Carson, (Carson, CA), with a division office in League City, TX.
Responsibilities AND Accountabilities
The INEOS Battleground Manufacturing Complex Waste Coordinator is responsible to ensure that BMC complies with state and federal regulations for generating, storing, transporting, and disposing of waste. This includes meeting and delivering the environmental needs of both internal and external stakeholders. This position requires someone with the ability to multi-task daily activities with little to no supervision.
This position is accountable for understanding and putting into practice the INEOS 20 Principles.
- Serve as SPA/POC for all solid waste management related activities for the BMC site.
- Responsible for managing waste Notice of Registration (NOR), waste characterization, and reporting.
- Ensure waste profile approvals in place with external waste vendors, where appropriate.
- Ensure compliance with site waste requirements for Large Quantity Generators (90 day inspections, satellite accumulation areas).
- Responsible for managing external agency-initiated waste audits.
- Responsible for acting as a vehicle escort when required for waste pickups and spotting waste collection containers.
- Perform regular rounds of the site to understand when waste pickups are required to be scheduled for frequently generated waste like plant trash and scrap metal.
- Certified or has the ability to be certified to operate a forklift to organize and manage waste at the on-site Waste Management Recycling Facility (WMRF).
- Support waste-related activities arising from capital projects and turnarounds. Participate in pre-plan meetings to ensure proper waste scheduling and disposal.
- Manage waste budget including invoices and accruals.
- Advise the site on issues related to the cost of waste management and disposal and solicit comparative/competitive pricing on waste disposal costs.
- Solicit comparative/competitive pricing on rental equipment used for solid waste collection, as needed.
- Responsible for regulatory compliance with Source Reduction Waste Minimization plan requirements.
- Support air, water, and wastewater programs.
- Organize and maintain environmental compliance records, perform waste audits, inspections and submit applicable solid waste regulatory reports.
- Support the line organization and plant functional teams by being involved in routine and non-routine activities.
- Develop and update site environmental waste policies and procedures, and document environmental teamwork practices related to solid waste management.
- Represent the SSHE department in project development and execution for waste-related activities.
Skills, Competencies and Experience
Education and Experience:
- 5-10 years of experience in air, wastewater, or waste compliance at an industrial facility. Petrochemical manufacturing experience is preferred.
- Experience in interfacing with external regulatory agencies.
- Experience in using regulatory reporting platforms (e.g., STEERS, EPA-CDX)
- RCRA waste training – 24 hour HAZWOPER certification
- DOT- Hazmat training for waste shipments
- Comprehensive knowledge of 40 CFR 261- requirements for hazardous waste identification and listing and 40 CFR 262- hazardous waste generator requirements
Skills and Competencies:
- Clear and concise written and oral communication skills
- Experience in delivering technical presentations
- Ability to function effectively on cross-functional teams
- Able to analyze and interpret compliance data
- Advise stake holders on environmental decision making
- Possess skills to communicate compliance requirements and influence stakeholders at various levels of the organization to achieve environmental compliance and KPIs
- Organized with a focused attention to details, multi-tasking skill proficient
- Basic knowledge of computer applications and databases
- Ability to characterize waste, collect waste samples, interpret analytical results, schedule shipments
- Forklift operator certified for WMRF facility
- Knowledge of waste invoicing, budgeting, cost accrual
- Familiar with Process Safety Management program – Management of Change (MOC)
- Familiar with environmental management systems for environmental incident reporting, compliance monitoring and, action items completion.
How to Apply
Interested internal candidates should submit their resume and/or profile + last 2 performance appraisals to the Hiring Manager (Supervisor) and HR Contact via e-mail. Department Manager approval is required prior to applying for position.
Our culture is one of honesty and integrity with an emphasis on safety, health and environmental performance.On our team, people are acknowledged for embracing new practices that help create real value for customers.
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application