INEOS Olefins & Polymers USA
Interested in joining a winning team? A team whose employees are empowered to make a difference?
Offer Range: $62,195 – 84,220
Organizational context and job purpose
INEOS Olefins and Polymers (O&P) USA is a part of the INEOS group of companies. INEOS Group Limited is one of the world’s largest chemicals company with ~$60 billion of sales per annum, 16,000 employees and 68+ sites worldwide.
The O&P USA business includes the product lines Ethylene, Propylene, Butadiene, Polypropylene and Polyethylene. Manufacturing sites include Chocolate Bayou Works (Alvin, TX), Battleground Manufacturing Complex (LA Porte, TX), and Carson, (Carson, CA), with a division office in League City, TX.
How the Role Fits in:
The Cash Analyst is a key member of the O&P USA Cash/Treasury team and performs the core Cash Management / Treasury function on behalf of Olefins & Polymers USA and Gemini as well as working closely with the WL Plastics and INEOS USA Realty finance teams.
The Main Purpose of the Role:
Specifically this role is responsible for timely and accurate processing of cash transactions, cash forecasting & variance analysis, and daily cash positioning. This role also includes monitoring all aspects of the cash process including payment runs, manual checks and wires, reconciliations and problem resolution / investigations. The cash analyst will work closely with the business Controllers and CFO as well as interfacing with Accounts Payable, Commercial and the Accounting groups. This position is located at the Marina View Office location in League City, Texas and does not require travel.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
The Cash Team has control over the cash management / treasury function for a division of INEOS USA LLC, WL Plastics, INEOS USA Realty and Gemini. Automated systems and a high degree of process discipline allow the team to manage all the payments and receipts (wires, ACH & checks) consisting of over 80,000 individual transactions per year as well as daily balancing. Each team member must be proficient in all aspects of the SAP cash processes.
This includes maintaining full control over the daily operations, problem resolution, adhering to established internal controls, and decision making that can impact the company’s cash flow. T
he Cash Analyst is not only empowered, but is expected to effect change through improvements to processes and procedures that help steer the company towards operational excellence while providing the highest level of service with the resources that have been allocated to the process.
Skills & Knowledge Required
- Should have 3 to 5 years’ experience in Cash Management (or equivalent experience)
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
Skills and Competencies
- Be able to accept clearly defined objectives; seek clarification if needed; understand the value of procedures and policies and works within them;
- Willing to seek help and advice as required to meet timelines;
- Application of general technical principles within well-defined policies
- Able to complete transactions in SAP and has working knowledge of Excel and Email applications. Has a broad working knowledge of how SAP and other financial accounting systems and software works.
- Solves well defined problems without or with only partially defined steps to solutions
- Shares information with others, organizes data, gathers information systematically, and seeks input from others
- Functional understanding of financial internal controls including delegations of authority, segregation of duties and other basic financial control mechanisms. Compliance with existing rules and delegations in their existing job function. Have an understanding and be in compliance with Company Ethics policy. Familiar with fraud detection and control documentation.
- Works well with others, giving and receiving information willingly; Ability to work with colleagues.
- Good communication skills (both written and verbal) and the ability to interact across different cultures and time zones.
- The Analyst must exhibit leadership abilities.
- The position requires a high degree of organizational skills, procedural discipline and follow-through.
- The ability to manage conflicts between internal customers, and/or other team members is essential.
- Use good judgment in making decisions without the intervention of a direct supervisor.
Our culture is one of honesty and integrity with an emphasis on safety, health and environmental performance.On our team, people are acknowledged for embracing new practices that help create real value for customers.
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application