TREASURY & FORECASTING ANALYST
Title: Treasury & Forecasting Analyst
Hours: 37.5 per week
Location: HQ1 Grangemouth
Are you in?
A truly global company, INEOS comprises of 36 businesses with 194 sites in 29 countries throughout the world. We also encompass a range of consumer brands and sports interests.
We pride ourselves in offering a working environment that is friendly and welcoming, that offers employees true autonomy and empowerment and that enables everyone to achieve their goals and to have a fulfilling professional career with us.
ABOUT OUR OPPORTUNITY
We have an opening for a Treasury & Forecasting Analyst to be a member of the Cash, Banking & Treasury team responsible for the co-ordination of all activities in respect of the cash pools under the team’s control.
These activities include, but are not limited to, bank reconciliation, operational payments and receipts, collateral movements, cash forecasting, monitoring cash balances, controlling external or Group funding requirements, initiating payments, initiate foreign exchange deals as required, maintaining cash book and cash pool reconciliation to ledgers.
The post-holder will liaise with business controllers and CFO or Group Treasury to agree funding requirements to and from the cash pools and ensure loans and loan repayment and interest payments are actioned accordingly.
You will also assess foreign exchange requirements daily and action transactions with external banks.
- Generate consolidated cash forecast spreadsheets to show daily cash availability each week for the future 4 week period and prepare analysis of variations from previous week.
- Identify funding requirements – liaise with businesses or Group Treasury to agree funding strategy for week.
- Monitor cash positions daily to advise CFO or Group of required changes to set strategy.
- Identify currency surpluses and deficits and action foreign exchange and investment deals as required.
- Initiate daily electronic banking downloads to supply both hard copy and electronic bank statements for specified companies. Process and completion of daily export and upload of electronic banking data to SAP financial system by agreed deadlines, for analysis and use by other finance sections and entities.
- Conduct and complete a number of treasury IT processes including running treasury end of day processes and subsequent reconciliation of accounting and treasury SAP modules Appraisal of incomplete or misposted items, and complete corrective actions to ensure all banking items are fully processed and posted, including in house cash accounts.
- Knowledge and expertise to write and amend appropriate reports in electronic banking system, in order to obtain additional or revised banking information where necessary, including when bank statements are incomplete or missing.
- Assessment and analysis of SAP payment runs to prepare correct levels of prefunding for bank accounts.
- Preparation and maintenance of very detailed, complex and high value currency cash positions, specifically for Euro, Sterling and US Dollar. These cash positions form an accurate assessment of the expected bank balances and currency positions for the future days.
- Input or authorization of manual payment requests including via treasury website and electronic banking platforms.
- Analysis of banking queries and approval of actions to third parties (e.g. Citibank) as well as other global company contacts. This includes authorizing responses to Citibank Global Investigation queries.
- Analysis and evaluation of some banking information including bank charges, including recommendations for improvement and cost efficiencies.
- Completion of daily bank reconciliations and assisting other team members with queries as required.
- Support projects and system developments as and when required.
- Hold an HNC/HND in relevant subject with at least 1 years’ experience in an accounting role in a complex multinational business.
- 3+ years’ experience in an accounting role in a complex multinational business.
- Have the ability to work to very tight deadlines.
- Have knowledge of UK and European banking process and procedures.
You may also:
- Have previous knowledge of SAP or other ERP system.
- Have good understanding of the principles of sound internal control.
- Be pro-active and have a self-motivating attitude.
- Be an excellent team player with very good communication and interpersonal skills.
What we offer
- 34 days holiday
- Benefits Platform – access to discounts on high street stores etc. Discounted PMI, Travel Insurance etc.
- Up to 20% Discretionary Bonus Opportunity
- Scottish Widows Contributory Pension including employer contributions
- Free On-site Gym & Classes
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Enhanced maternity leave
- Salary Sacrifice Car and Cycle to Work Scheme
- Ongoing Career Development
how to apply
Interested candidates should submit their CV via ineosopportunities.co.uk
Pre-screen (If applicable)
Applicants with a successful CV may be invited to an online MS Teams or telephone call to further discuss the role, the organisation and your suitability.
Successful applicants will then be invited to interview which will consist of behavioural and technical questions.
If you are selected as the preferred candidate you will receive a provisional offer which will be subject to a medical assessment and reference checks.
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application