Technology Mechanical Engineer
Full Time, Permanent
Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire
We’re looking for a Mechanical Engineer to join the INEOS Acetyls Technology team based in Hull.We need highly motivated individuals who want to be part of our growing business.
INEOS Acetyls is a global chemicals business producing acetic acid and a range of derivatives across Europe, Asia and America. We’re part of INEOS - one of the largest petrochemical companies in the world, employing around 26,000 people across 194 sites in 29 countries.
You will be based at the Hull site, which is the largest producer of acetic acid, acetic anhydride and ethyl acetate in Europe. The products we produce are essential building blocks used in almost every industry, including renewable power, automotive, pharmaceuticals, coatings and textiles.
Hull is also home to the business's global Technology Development and Support Team and is based on the 370-acre Saltend Chemicals Park - a cluster of world-class chemicals and renewable energy businesses at the heart of the UK's energy estuary.
Be part of our journey to net zero
Sustainability is at the heart of our business, and we have created a road map to achieving net zero. We’re investing in this sustainable future right now you could be part of our journey.
As the Mechanical Engineer in the Technology Support Team, you will provide mechanical engineering expertise in support of safe and reliable operations, growth projects and new technology developments.
In this role, you will be a mechanical engineering discipline leader, for 26 INEOS Acetyls plants worldwide. You will provide mechanical engineering support to existing operating assets through provision of day-to-day advice, guidance on equipment inspection, maintenance and repair as well as provide technical support throughout the engineering and construction stages of major projects for both retrofit and new build opportunities.
The role offers the opportunity to work as part of an expert team of talented engineers and chemists and to make a material contribution to the generation of new value for the INEOS Acetyls business.
If you thrive on a challenge and are prepared to push yourself, then INEOS’ open and non-hierarchical approach to business will give you the opportunity to quickly develop your career. We value daily collaboration and teamwork, reaping the benefits of working on site/office based.
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Discretionary annual bonus plan
- Generous contributory pension
- Life assurance
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays with option to buy extra annual leave and flex 5 of these bank holidays
- Ongoing career development
- Wide range of benefits including discounted private medical insurance, health cash plans and high street discounts
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- Online health and fitness hub for employees, plus friends and family
- Employee Assistance Programme offering a wide range of support services including counselling, financial support, legal services – for employees and family.
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Provide day-to-day technical advice and onsite TAR support in areas of mechanical design, specification, repair, maintenance, inspection and reliability in service of the safe and reliable operation of Acetyls assets worldwide
- Provide engineering advice and risk evaluation in response to breakdown or loss of containment and lead independent root cause analysis for complex failures
- Own and maintain Acetyls technical practices as requested. Stay appraised of changes in industry codes and standards.
- Support the approval and maintenance of the Acetyls Approved Vendor List
- Conduct training and awareness presentations
- Share best practice and lessons learned between assets
- Provide support to the subsequent stages of major projects such as technical queries, vendor assurance visits, construction reviews and training
We are looking for Chartered Engineer with a degree in mechanical engineering with extensive industry experience preferably in the Petrochemicals industry and to be a role model for personal and process safety, providing safety leadership in all activities.
The successful candidate will have experience in mechanical equipment troubleshooting, maintenance and repair for day-to-day operating asset support as well as mechanical equipment specification, selection, and efficient problem resolution for major capital projects. The ability to deliver root cause failure investigation skills related to engineering problems in the petrochemical environment is also essential.
You will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and be a team player with experience of working in and managing the activities of multidiscipline teams. Ability to influence without formal authority, work across different cultures, previous experience demonstrating ability to build strong working relationships across organisations and with third parties such as partners, vendors, engineering contractors and plant engineers is essential.
You will also have the ability to communicate complex technical information to audiences at all levels of the business, including those without a technical background.
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application