Technology Development Chemist
Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire
INEOS Acetyls is headquartered in London, UK and produces over 3 million tonnes of Acetyls products per annum from 8 manufacturing locations across the globe, generating an EBITDA of > $300 million. It has leading market positions in Europe, USA and Asia.
The multidiscipline Technology Support Team is based in Hull, UK, and provides INEOS Acetyls with technology development, asset optimisation and engineering design for growth projects, including the recently announced world scale acetic acid and derivatives plants on US Gulf coast.
About the Opportunity
The development chemist will drive the delivery of research and experimental programmes in the technology development team to enhance the performance of INEOS Acetyls manufacturing assets.
You will be accountable for:
- Generation and execution of detailed experimental schedules with suitable resourcing and technical targets, supported by the senior chemist, senior development engineer and laboratory technicians.
- Providing technical insights into the identification and assessment of new ideas, owning the development of fundamental reaction models.
- Interpretation and reporting of experimental results and assuring quality of the experimental data.
- Define requirements for and leading the commissioning and validation of new equipment projects to enhance experimental capability.
- Providing technical support for chemistry/catalysis issues with INEOS Acetyls manufacturing plants.
- Supporting successful deployment of new technology projects onto INEOS Acetyls manufacturing assets.
You will be a PhD Chemist or hold a degree in chemistry with 3+ years industrial experience in research and development. Preferably, you’ll have experience in catalysis and you will need good practical skills.
You will be creative and generative, ready to take the lead generating new ideas and developing options for optimization of manufacturing operations and for business renewal. You’ll be a team player ready to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to progress technology concepts from ideation to delivering risk mitigated deployment options. Finally, you will need to show you have experience leading a research programme and that you can design and execute detailed experimental programmes.
What we offer
As well as ongoing career development we offer a wide range of benefits including discounted private medical insurance, cash plans and high street discounts.
25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays with option to buy extra annual leave and flex 5 of these bank holidays.
Competitive salary and discretionary annual bonus.
Enhanced maternity and paternity leave; Contributory Pension; Employee Assistance Programme; Cycle to Work Scheme.