TAR MECHANICAL ENGINEER
Title: TAR Mechanical Engineer
Hours: 37.5 per week
Location: Grangemouth (INEOS O&P)
Contract type: Permanent
Are you in?
A truly global company, INEOS comprises of 36 businesses with 194 sites in 29 countries throughout the world. We also encompass a range of consumer brands and sports interests.
We pride ourselves in offering a working environment that is friendly and welcoming, that offers employees true autonomy and empowerment and that enables everyone to achieve their goals and to have a fulfilling professional career with us.
INEOS Grangemouth is an integrated refinery and petrochemicals centre of excellence. We are the largest manufacturing site in Scotland. Click here to find out more Grangemouth | INEOS
ABOUT OUR OPPORTUNITY
INEOS Grangemouth are looking to recruit a Mechanical Engineer to be based within our new Central Operations Team. The new role has become available as a way to improve planned periods of maintenance on our site and offers a unique opportunity to work across various assets within the Grangemouth complex.
- Provide technical standards / specifications for the work e.g. pipe / valve specifications.
- Review the prepared Written Scope or Examination (WSoE), ensure the scopes are clear and achievable and challenge the scope when appropriate to ensure alignment with schedule and risk.
- Prepare Scopes of Work (SoW) or Engineering Information Transmitalls (EIT) when required to ensure all activities and any contingencies are captured before issue to the workpack specialists.
- Input to the validation of workpacks and ensure they meet event requirements.
- Ensure that Mechanical long lead delivery items are defined, agree specifications and order/procure.
- Ensure that engineering / technical data is fully incorporated to work packs.
- Agree TAR prep-engineering milestones with TAR Preps Leader & TAR manager.
- Check & approve TAR isometrics are correct and follow the standards and specifications.
- Provide discipline expertise for Mechanical Engineering based TAR workscope.
- Ensure any technical queries are recorded, tracked and progressed to close out.
- Be Degree qualified in Mechanical Engineering and Chartered (or working towards it) or be educated to HNC/HND level in Mechanical Engineering/ Fabrication/ Construction with extensive experience in a similar role including TARs / Shutdowns.
- Have knowledge of P&ID’s, isometrics and equipment technical specifications.
- Have disciplined planning and organisation skills together with an ability to work under pressure.
- Have a logical, proactive and methodical approach to problem solving with the ability to recognise key issues
- Have the ability to interact effectively with direct multi-disciplined teams.
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to improvement of SHE performance
You may also:
- Have experience using Maximo or SAP.
WHAT WE OFFER
- 34 days holiday
- Benefits Platform – access to discounts on high street stores etc. Discounted PMI, Travel Insurance etc.
- Up to 20% Discretionary Bonus Opportunity
- Scottish Widows Contributory Pension including employer contributions
- Free On-site Gym & Classes
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Enhanced maternity leave
- Salary Sacrifice Car and Cycle to Work Scheme
- Ongoing Career Development
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should submit their CV via our website ineosopportunities.co.uk
Pre-screen (If applicable)
Applicants with a successful CV may be invited to an online MS Teams or telephone call to further discuss the role, the organisation and your suitability.
Successful applicants will then be invited to interview which will consist of behavioural and technical questions.
If you are selected as the preferred candidate you will receive a provisional offer which will be subject to a medical assessment and reference checks.
ADDITIONAL USEFUL LINKS
Hydrogen Fuel Network Trial
Click here to find out how INEOS Grangemouth are involved in the switch to hydrogen UK Gas Network switch to hydrogen
Click here to find out more about our other businesses across the globe We are INEOS
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application