Title: Systems Engineer
Hours: 37.5 per week
Contract type: Permanent
Are you in?
A truly global company, INEOS comprises of 36 businesses with 194 sites in 29 countries throughout the world. We also encompass a range of consumer brands and sports interests.
We pride ourselves in offering a working environment that is friendly and welcoming, that offers employees true autonomy and empowerment and that enables everyone to achieve their goals and to have a fulfilling professional career with us.
ABOUT OUR OPPORTUNITY
A highlight motivated Systems Engineer is required to join our team to provide technical systems’ expertise and support Asset, TAR and Projects businesses in delivering legal compliance and achieving business goals. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing a total asset care service (design, maintenance, upgrades, modifications), securing systems against cyber threats and assisting with the recovery of programmable systems during major incidents/emergencies to maximize plant availability.
Depending on skill set and experience, the successful candidate may be part of the DCS on-call rota.
Please note the role is subject to a satisfactory Criminal Record check.
You should have:
- Proven IT skills with Microsoft Windows Operating Systems knowledge including a thorough understanding of computer systems and networking.
- Strong analytical ability to support effective troubleshooting and determine solutions to complex technical problems which the jobholder may have not seen before.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to convey complex technical issues in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to understand advanced technical instructional material and data and implement technological advances to existing systems.
- Ability to act as lead DCS engineer on medium projects (>500K) and develop project estimates based on design and engineering standards.
- Thorough understanding of instrumentation system interactions with the associated control system and the ability to mentor and lead other disciplines in these areas.
- A valid UK driving licence.
You may also have:
- Skills in coaching and mentoring others.
- Ability to analyse and understand cross-discipline (Process, I/E) problems/requests.
- In depth DCS systems design capability.
- Ability to interface with 3rd party design contractors and vendors.
WHAT WE OFFER
- 34 days holiday
- Benefits Platform – access to discounts on high street stores etc. Discounted PMI, Travel Insurance etc.
- Up to 20% Discretionary Bonus Opportunity
- Scottish Widows Contributory Pension including employer contributions
- Free On-site Gym & Classes
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Enhanced maternity leave
- Salary Sacrifice Car and Cycle to Work Scheme
- Ongoing Career Development
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should submit their CV via ineosopportunities.co.uk
Pre-screen (If applicable)
Applicants with a successful CV may be invited to an online MS Teams or telephone call to further discuss the role, the organisation and your suitability.
Successful applicants will then be invited to interview which will consist of behavioural and technical questions.
If you are selected as the preferred candidate you will receive a provisional offer which will be subject to a medical assessment and reference checks.
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application