INEOS Olefins & Polymers USA
Interested in joining a winning team? A team whose employees are empowered to make a difference?
Organizational context and job purpose
The O&P USA business includes the product lines Ethylene, Propylene, Butadiene, Polypropylene and Polyethylene. Manufacturing sites include Chocolate Bayou Works (Alvin, TX), Battleground Manufacturing Complex (LaPorte, TX), and Carson (Carson, CA), with the headquarters located in League City, TX.
How the Role Fits In:
- Efficient coordination with a diverse team of logistics professionals and staff against contract execution, safety objectives, business goals and improvements in an environment of conflicting and changing priorities to meet the Supply Chain Operations performance contract and Business goals and objectives.
- Efficient execution of safety and operational audits of terminals to include SHEQ monitoring and coordination, customer complaint investigation and resolution, asset inspections against quality requirements and Supply Chain Operations procedures
- Effective relationships with Manufacturing, Product Management, Sales, Customer Service, Logistics Operations, Production Scheduling and Site Logistics.
The Main Purpose of the Role:
The Individual Contributor – Supply Chain Operations Analyst
- Provides leadership and vision to identify and implement significant improvements in the way Supply Chain operates and internal and external customer expectations are met.
- Ensures proactive support, delivery and service to INEOS O&P USA through support of the Supply Chain Operations performance contract and associated metrics.
- Establishes effective relationships with Manufacturing, Product Management, Sales, Customer Service, Logistics Operations, Production Scheduling and Site Logistics.
- Aligns functional plans to support Supply Chain operating strategies and performance.
- Ensures front, mid, and back office data is maintained to insure that standardized and efficient processes are supported.
- Leads efforts to compile, analyze and optimize Supply Chain Operations data and metrics.
- Manages development, coordination and delivery of Supply Chain Operations projects as defined by the Supply Chain Operations LT.
- Manages development, coordination and maintenance of Supply Chain Operations metrics and key performance indicators to include the annual performance contract.
- Builds and uses data visibility tools and advanced analytics to coordinate transportation and demand management planning. Able to utilize Tableau visualization software to develop Supply Chain dashboards for operational execution and monitoring.
- Supports completion of business development and process exception costing against supply chain standard operating processes. Works to automate costing mechanisms. Performs analysis work of costing and exception data to identify and implement process or cost improvements.
- Requires the ability to schedule and set priorities with Supply Chain Operations, service providers and related teams which balances total cost and operations performance with the benefits to Supply Chain Operations and the Business Teams.
- This position requires the ability to coordinate with a diverse team of logistics professionals and staff against contract execution, safety objectives, business goals and improvements in an environment of conflicting and changing priorities to meet the Supply Chain Operations performance contract and Business goals and objectives.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Safety, Health. Environmental and Quality (SHEQ)
- Promote, ensure and sustain commitment to manage supply chain operations with no harm to people, property and the environment by demonstrating SHEQ and Operations Leadership.
- Support and lead logistics operations SHEQ activities, meetings, and inspections to ensure compliance with Supply Chain policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance of Management of Change (MOC) and Tr@ction action items.
- Supports the quality management process and provides and participates in the day-to-day activities of Supply Chain to ensure operations meet or exceed the requirements of customers.
- Facilitate/prioritize the activities of Terminals/Packaging and Import/Export to meet the performance goals for Supply Chain Operations and the Business.
- Monitor and facilitate performance management of Supply Chain service providers on variable cost and operating metrics.
- Interface with Finance and Control to insure compliance with DOA and overall AP objectives for the Business.
- Actively share lessons in operations performance and best operating practices across the Supply Chain organization to include other functional areas and site logistics, import/export and packaging.
- Support the Supply Chain operations and Business teams by identifying improvement opportunities in the areas of Safety, Reliability, and Productivity and Cost Reduction.
- Manages prioritizing and assignment of technical and IT service requests, and monitoring their completion.
- Creative management of external services.
- Serve on function/business teams as needed representing area of responsibility.
- Provide a leadership and company focus for external service providers and suppliers as assigned.
- Supports the Supply Chain Operations Manager and the Logistics Operations Manager in the management of financial forecast, prioritization and allocation of resources to meet cost objectives versus budget.
Skills & Knowledge Required
BA/BS or equivalent in Logistics or Supply Chain Management preferred. Will consider other business/engineering or related degrees.
One to Five years of experience in supply chain operations is advantageous, including a working knowledge of transportation systems, SAP, Order to Cash processes and Tableau.
Skills and Competencies
- Strongly developed interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strongly developed Excel skills including pivot tables, macros, formatting and complex formulas to generate advanced analytics and decision support.
- Oracle database skills are advantageous.
- Ability to lead diverse groups of people successfully through influence. negotiating skills against established performance metrics.
- Able to compile, optimize and analyze data effectively. Leading to substantive recommendations for improvement.
- Possesses some experience driving performance and accountability.
- Some operations knowledge and ability to learn and stay abreast of industry changes.
- Strong demonstrated ability to manage, progress and deliver multiple and competing priorities.
- Able to effect change by challenging the status quo and championing improvement initiatives. Has an improvement and inquisitive mind set.
- Proven commitment and delivery of SHEQ compliance and advancement.
- Ability to positively influence others/promote philosophy.
- Defines personal success in terms of the whole team.
- Makes timely and effective decisions, includes use of good judgment and consideration of proper balance between benefits/risks.
- Creates strong morale and spirit, feeling of belonging in team, broadly shares both routine and important tasks.
- Has a strong work ethic. Willing to go the extra mile as needed, including after hours effort as needed to meet key deadlines.
Our culture is one of honesty and integrity with an emphasis on safety, health and environmental performance.On our team, people are acknowledged for embracing new practices that help create real value for customers.
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application