Title: SHE Facilitator / Advisor
Are you in?
A truly global company, INEOS comprises of 36 businesses with 194 sites in 29 countries throughout the world. We also encompass a range of consumer brands and sports interests.
We pride ourselves in offering a working environment that is friendly and welcoming, that offers employees true autonomy and empowerment and that enables everyone to achieve their goals and to have a fulfilling professional career with us.
INEOS Grangemouth is an integrated refinery and petrochemicals centre of excellence. We are the largest manufacturing site in Scotland. Click here to find out more Grangemouth | INEOS.
ABOUT OUR OPPORTUNITY
As an expert in Safety, Health, and Environment (SHE), your role within Olefins and Polymers UK (O&P UK) is crucial for ensuring the fulfilment of SHE performance commitments aligned with business objectives and asset strategies. You will serve as the primary point of contact for SHE matters within O&P UK, providing guidance and support to uphold safety standards.
- Advise the Asset Management team on all SHE aspects necessary for maintaining compliance with regulatory requirements beyond Asset integrity considerations.
- Recommend and facilitate the implementation of SHE improvement initiatives aligned with Asset strategies to achieve a significant enhancement in SHE performance.
- Uphold and advocate for the adoption of INEOS O&P UK and INEOS Group SHE processes, including Life Saving Rules and 20 Principles.
- Propose plans to ensure Asset compliance with evolving SHE legislation and regulations.
- Collaborate with SHE and Compliance team to provide necessary support for achieving Asset strategy objectives.
- Support local Asset SHE meetings to ensure the fulfilment of SHE performance commitments.
- Actively represent Asset interests in site SHE meetings to ensure alignment of site policies with Asset requirements.
- Provide support for site-wide and local investigations into SHE incidents, identifying root causes and recommending preventive measures to avoid recurrence.
- Job holder expectation to be part of the Grangemouth Site IMT & MACC (Multi Agency Control Centre). There is a formal rota in place.
- Job holder requirement to be contactable out of hours.
- Some periods of inconvenience to support planned and unplanned plant TAR’s/outages.
- Support interaction with the Competent Authorities (HSE and SEPA).
- Lead Root Cause Analysis (RCA) as member of formal Committee of Enquiry investigation team.
- Technically competent and good communicator in order to deliver internal training courses and apprentice/graduate SHE inductions.
Qualifications, knowledge and Skills
- Minimum of Diploma in SHE discipline (including Environmental Management element) e.g. NEBOSH.
- Technical membership of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health.
- >5 years’ experience in manufacturing / operating environment.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and practically apply SHE legislation and regulations.
- Pragmatic approach to the application of SHE policy in the manufacturing/operating environment.
- Incident Investigation / Root Cause Analysis.
- High level of communication skills and demonstrated ability to deal with all levels in the organisation.
You may also:
- Trained internal auditor (ISO or equivalent).
WHAT WE OFFER
- 34 days holiday
- Benefits Platform – access to discounts on high street stores etc. Discounted PMI, Travel Insurance etc.
- Up to 20% Discretionary Bonus Opportunity
- Scottish Widows Contributory Pension including employer contributions
- Free On-site Gym
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Enhanced maternity leave
- Salary Sacrifice Car and Cycle to Work Scheme
- Ongoing Career Development
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should submit their CV via our website ineosopportunities.co.uk
Pre-screen (If applicable)
Applicants with a successful CV may be invited to an online MS Teams or telephone call to further discuss the role, the organisation and your suitability.
Successful applicants will then be invited to interview which will consist of behavioural and technical questions.
If you are selected as the preferred candidate you will receive a provisional offer which will be subject to a medical assessment and reference checks.
ADDITIONAL USEFUL LINKS
Hydrogen Fuel Network Trial
Click here to find out how INEOS Grangemouth are involved in the switch to hydrogen UK Gas Network switch to hydrogen
Click here to find out more about our other businesses across the globe We are INEOS
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application