At INEOS Pigments, we value the contribution of our people in making us one of the largest producers of titanium dioxide in North America. Providing numerous products and services to industries around the globe, from coatings to plastics to paper and other end-uses, we invest in employee development and offer a wide range of career opportunities, offering everyone the chance to broaden their experience and build a professionally rewarding career.
SENIOR SCIENTIST- PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT – TECHNOLOGY & INNOVATION
At INEOS Pigments, we value the contribution of our people in making us one of the largest producers of titanium dioxide in North America. Providing numerous products and services to industries around the globe, from coatings to plastics to paper and other end-uses, we invest in our employee development and offer a wide range of career opportunities, offering everyone the chance to broaden their experience and build a professionally rewarding career.
About the Role
The primary objective of the Senior Scientist Product Development – Technology & Innovation (T&I) is to work independently or as part of a team to apply chemical principles in the synthesis and characterization of metal oxide materials leading to new or improved TiO2 pigment products. The T&I group is split between the Ashtabula Complex and the Baltimore Administration and Research Center (BATC). This role is a salaried, exempt position based at either BATC or the Ashtabula Complex, with regular travel between the sites. Work hours are typically 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- You should possess a Ph.D. in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or a related field with 0 - 5 years of experience. Master's degree with 3 - 10 years experience or bachelor's degree with 12+ years' experience in an industrial setting.
- Proficiency in MS Office, SAP, Excel, Minitab
- Proficient oral and written communication skills
- Strong project management and planning skills
- Knowledgeable about chemical process operations
- Comfortable working with sophisticated IT products at the user level
- Ability to work with multi-disciplinary teams and across different locations
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
- Previous experience with executing, completing, and defending research projects.
Specific Job Responsibilities
- Adherence to all SHE policies and procedures and INEOS Pigments Safety Principles and Life Saving Rules
- Complete safety-related and other action items on time (computer-based training, etc.)
- Perform specific safety audits, participate in safety improvement efforts and monthly safety meetings.
- Application of good laboratory practices in following standard operating procedures
- Familiarity with the research tools in product development and quality testing.
- Ability to identify technology areas needing improvement, develop plans to mitigate problems, improve/modify existing test methods that will benefit productivity
- Maintaining laboratory equipment and making recommendations to improve laboratory work processes.
- Understand synthesis methods used to produce products in the current portfolio.
- Understand competitor technologies based on patents and other published information.
- Understand applications testing related to the TiO2 pigment performance
- Ensure all test procedures are up to date and reliably completed daily
- Order chemicals and supplies for experiments and maintain inventory
- Prepares samples, characterizes products and formulates into end uses
- Maintain good records and regularly report study results
INEOS Pigments is one of the largest producers of TiO₂, a bright white powder made from titanium ore. Titanium dioxide is a unique material delivering an unparalleled refractive index value, making it ideal for applications where opacity is required. TiO₂ makes possible opacity, brightness, and durability in various end uses like coatings, plastics, and paper.
Our Ashtabula, Ohio Complex, consisting of two plants just south of Lake Erie, is a state of the art manufacturing complex with leading technology and more than 45 years of manufacturing excellence.
INEOS Pigments offers a competitive salary with an annual bonus and a comprehensive benefits package, including paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, long-term disability with the buy-up option, basic life & AD&D insurance with a buy-up option for self and dependents, 401(k) with company match.
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application