INEOS Composites US LLC
INEOS is a global manufacturer of petrochemicals, specialty chemicals and oil products. Our products touch every aspect of modern life. INEOS comprises 36 businesses each with a major chemical company heritage. Our production network spans 194 sites in 29 countries throughout the world.
INEOS Pigments produces TiO2 and TiCI4 via the chloride process with approximately 500 employees at the Ashtabula Complex and 30 employees associated with the Baltimore Administrative and Technical Center (BATC). The T&I group is split between the Ashtabula Complex and the Baltimore Administration and Research Center (BATC). This role is a salaried, exempt position based in either BATC or Ashtabula with regular travel between the two sites.Future relocation to Columbus, OH will be required.
This position will apply good laboratory practices in following standard operating procedures as directed by the Head of T&I. Familiarity with optical and electron microscopy tools to evaluate failure modes, improve process materials or lead to new and improved pigment products. The individual should be able to identify technology areas needing improvement, develop plans to mitigatge problems, carry out and/or improve existing test methods that will benefit productivity as well as maintain laboratory equipment and make recommendations to upgrade laboratory work processes. Expectations include working with other T&I, Manufacturing and Commercial teams, and when needed, take leadership roles to achieve project goals. The incumbent should possess critical analytical skills and be adept at utilizing solid decision–making tools.
· Receives direction from the VP, T&I but works independently on a day to day basis.
· Understand microscopy and it’s use to characterize materials
· Understand competitor technologies based on patents and other published information
· Identify and mitigate process limitations in the manufacture of INEOS Pigments products
· Perform area inspections and keep laboratory chemical inventory current
· Performs duties according to established standard operating procedures.
· Maintains labs to ensure continued reliability use in development and evaluation efforts
· Understand applications testing related to the TiO2 pigment performance
· Ensure all test procedures are up to date and reliably completed on a daily basis
· Order chemicals and supplies for experiments and to maintain inventory
· Prepares samples, characterizes products, and formulates into end uses
· Maintain good records and regularly reports study results
Education and Experience:
· PhD in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or related field with 0 to 5 years’ experience. Master’s degree with 3 to 10 years’ experience or Bachelor’s degree with 12 or more years’ experience in an industrial setting.
· Proficiency in MS Office, SAP, Excel, Minitab
· Proficient oral and written communication skills
· Ability to work with multi-disciplinary teams and across different locations
· Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
· Previous experience with executing, completing and defending research projects.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the US and future sponsorship is unavailable for this role.
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application