Senior Process Optimisation Engineer
Full Time, Permanent
We’re looking for aSenior Process Optimisation Engineer to join the INEOS Acetyls Technology Support Team.We need highly motivated individuals who want to be part of our growing business.
INEOS Acetyls is a global chemicals business producing acetic acid and a range of derivatives across Europe, Asia and America. We’re part of INEOS - one of the largest petrochemical companies in the world, employing around 26,000 people across 194 sites in 29 countries.
The multidiscipline Technology Support Team is based in Hull, UK, and provides the global INEOS Acetyls business with technology development, asset optimisation and engineering design for growth projects.
Hull site is the largest producer of acetic acid, acetic anhydride and ethyl acetate in Europe. The products we produce are essential building blocks used in almost every industry, including renewable power, automotive, pharmaceuticals, coatings and textiles.
Hull site is based on the 370-acre Saltend Chemicals Park - a cluster of world-class chemicals and renewable energy businesses at the heart of the UK's energy estuary.
Be part of our journey to net zero
Sustainability is at the heart of our business, and we have created a road map to achieving net zero. We’re investing in this sustainable future right now; you could be part of our journey.
In this role you will provide technology support to Acetyls assets which operate INEOS proprietary acetic acid and derivatives technologies. You will work with the assets to plan and deliver a programme of variable cost, sustainability, capacity creep and reliability improvement projects.
You will monitor and respond to asset performance, co-ordinating multidiscipline technical support to troubleshoot, benchmark, and optimise the plants in support of safe, reliable, and competitive operations. You will share best practice and lessons learned between INEOS Acetyls assets to maximise performance.
The position offers the opportunity to work as part of an expert team of talented engineers and chemists, to travel internationally, and to make a material contribution to the generation of new value for the INEOS Acetyls business.
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Discretionary annual bonus plan
- Generous contributory pension
- Life assurance
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays with option to buy extra annual leave and flex 5 of these bank holidays
- Ongoing career development
- Wide range of benefits including discounted private medical insurance, health cash plans and high street discounts
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- Free on-site gym in Hull
- Online health and fitness hub for employees, plus friends and family
- Employee Assistance Programme offering a wide range of support services including counselling, financial support, legal services – for employees and family.
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Develop strong relationships with each asset, and where applicable, their third-party suppliers, through regular calls and visits, to positively influence their technical performance.
- Maintain a long-term view of asset activities such as outages and projects and plan and co-ordinate support for these activities from the other engineering disciplines and research chemists within the Technology Support Team.
- Maintain and improve the Aspen simulations for each asset as a tool for plant troubleshooting and evaluating improvement and major debottleneck projects.
- Monitor asset performance, identifying innovative short, medium- and long-term improvement opportunities.
- Generate and collate improvement project ideas from a range of sources.
- Develop pre-appraise economics for each idea and work with the JV to screen projects into the roadmap during the annual update.
- Support development and execution of roadmap projects including creation of technology packages; obtain input from other engineering disciplines and research chemists as required.
- Track and report roadmap delivery to stakeholders including Asset Managers, Technology Development Manager and Operations Director.
- Deliver technical troubleshooting support and input root cause failure analysis and incident investigation for Acetyls Assets.
We are looking fora Chartered Chemical Engineer with extensive experience in the application of chemical engineering skills to the development and delivery of process optimisation projects. Experience of syngas and petrochemicals technologies would be an advantage.
You will have strong troubleshooting and engineering optimisation skills, based on the ability to analyse process data and apply a deep understanding of engineering principles to identify root cause or improvement opportunities.
You will be a role model for personal and process safety leadership with a strong manufacturing, business and commercial acumen. Excellent written and verbal communication skills with proven interpersonal skills, including the ability to influence without formal authority and work across different cultures is key to this role.
An understanding of intellectual property protection and competition law is also essential along with excellent process simulation skills and asset performance benchmarking experience.
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application