From soft drink bottles to packaging trays, from clothing to carpet, INEOS Aromatics makes the chemicals used to produce many of the things we use in our daily lives.
Our main products include paraxylene (PX) and purified terephthalic acid (PTA). PTA is a raw material used in the manufacture of polyesters used to make fibers, textiles, film, and polyethylene terephthalate (PET) bottles. PX is a feedstock for PTA production. We also produce metaxylene, a feedstock for PX production.
We are comprised of a diverse team of engineers, scientists and business professionals dedicated to discovering practices to confront some of the world’s biggest issues. We are looking for people who can contribute to our passion for reinvention, have a collaborative spirit and challenge our thinking in our ambition to achieve net zero.
We care about how we deliver these essential products to the world. Above everything, the safety, reliability, and excellence in our operations is fundamental to our success.
Our sites and offices can be found around the world, in the United States, United Kingdom, China, Belgium, Indonesia and Taiwan.
The Aromatics Engineering department is a global team of technical experts supporting worldwide Aromatics manufacturing plants. This job offers an excellent opportunity to grow in technical leadership, build a global network, deepen technical skills and to leverage INEOS Aromatics’ scale to sustain and improve safety, reliability, and competitiveness of operating sites.
Senior Process Engineer
Purpose of the job
The role of the Senior Process Engineer to (1) act as subject matter expert on technology and provide technology related input to existing assets as necessary (2) lead individual projects as technical expert of PX technology – ensuring that each project is delivered to the standards defined by the program, (3) provide PX process engineering expertise for operating assets and committed 3rd party licenses.
Accountabilities of the job
- Support process engineering expertise in maintaining and continuously improving the Technology Package for the latest PX technology based on new learnings. Define the technical risks to be addressed and plan to mitigate them.
- Provide Process Design and technical support to business development globally during the Appraise/Select stage of major capital projects in support of the PX business growth agenda
- Develop and own the analytical models and techniques required to benchmark across all PTA assets to identify tangible actions to drive reduce carbon emissions, reduce costs of production, increase plant capacity, and/or improve reliability/utilization performance.
- Provide deep operations expertise to the process engineers within the PX manufacturing sites to support them in their safe and effective roll out of technology improvements. Provide process engineer discipline mentorship.
- Share best practices and lessons learned from industry and INEOS across INEOS Aromatics sites in areas of process safety, reliability, performance.
- Identify any requirement for, and co-ordinate use of, third party expertise to PX manufacturing assets worldwide.
- Develops networks with other process related experts both within INEOS and wider industry.
- In consultation with Process Engineer lead, lead the implementation of the agreed IP strategy for PX and PTA technology.
- Manage Compliance with International Trade and Export Control Regulations across the PX business (together with site SPAs) and in the implementation of capital projects.
- Technical Endorsement of site capital projects
- If assigned, serve as a Single Point Accountability on technical matters for growth projects, licensing projects and site CAPEX projects.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Chemical Engineering
- 10 plus years’ experience working in a petrochemicals and/or refining plants
- Proven expertise in the application of chemical engineering skills and experience. A role model in the discipline with strong coaching and mentoring skills.
- Demonstrated strong skills and interest in efficiency optimization using asset to asset benchmarking and asset specific detailed gap analysis of actual performance versus proven underlying capability, to identify tangible actions to drive improved performance.
- Significant demonstrable technical and operational experience within the process engineering specialty associated with the process design and operation of manufacturing process plant with specific experience in the PX industry.
- Knowledge of the process design and operation of the latest generation PX plant design
- Deep expertise in techniques used to determine, evaluate, prioritize, and mitigate risk during the development phases of process design.
- Experience building capability at manufacturing sites and within technical teams.
At INEOS Aromatics, you can add value whilst continuing to develop yourself. You will be able to use your full potential in an inspiring company that places accountability on people where the expectation is to be entrepreneurial with a drive for excellence and improving business results.
Working for INEOS Aromatics means an attractive salary package with an interesting bonus system, a flexible compensation plan, flexitime, and fringe benefits specific to the chemical industry.
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application