INEOS Olefins & Polymers USA
Interested in joining a winning team? A team whose employees are empowered to make a difference?
Who We Are
INEOS Energy is the energy division of INEOS, we produce and trade oil, gas, power, liquefied natural gas (LNG) and carbon credits. Operating across the Danish and UK North Sea with offshore oil & gas assets and onshore assets in South Texas, US. This is supported by our investments and projects in low carbon technologies, which will help sustain our business through the energy transition.
The key focus for the US Onshore business is to acquire, explore and develop properties to produce natural gas, oil and NGL from underground reservoirs safely and efficiently. Key operated assets are in the Eagle Ford shale basin in South Texas. With over 2,000 well producing net 36kBOE per day.
Owning and operating producing US onshore assets is part of INEOS Energy’s strategy to build a global integrated portfolio, fit for the energy transition, offering high-quality energy solutions to its customers.
About the job
Job Title: Senior JIB Accountant Department: Accounting
Summary of Position
The Senior Joint Interest Billing (JIB) Accountant will be responsible for all aspects of JIB accounting including monthly accruals for AFE spending and lease operating expense (LOE). The successful candidate will collaborate across multiple departments to ensure the accounting processes support both the business and COPAS rules.
- Run monthly JIB processes including cost allocations, direct labor, overhead calculations, JIB cutback and netting.
- Record and calculate the Lease Operating Expense (LOE) and Capital accrual.
- Run monthly LOE and Capital spending reports.
- Update master data, coding validation rules, and allocation rules to support an accurate and efficient JIB process.
- Update payout balances monthly and work with Land to resolve any issues.
- Manage JIB audits.
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations.
- Verify that billable/non-billable accounting treatment is consistent with COPAS rules.
- Special projects as needed.
- Able to work in the corporate office full-time.
- 5+ years of accounting experience.
- Bachelor’s degree (accounting/finance) or additional experience in lieu of degree.
- Solid understanding of oil and gas industry including Joint Interest Billing and COPAS standards.
- Ability to work with accounting systems and help resolve issues to support automation and efficiency. (SAP preferred).
- Understanding of excel and database programs to be able to write reports, analyze data and help solve system issues.
- Enjoys working with a team and collaborating with others.
Preferential treatment will be granted to candidates residing in the Denver, Colorado metropolitan area.
INEOS USA Oil & Gas LLC is not currently sponsoring employment visas for this position.
Compensation & Benefits
Please note that the compensation information that follows is a good faith estimate for this position only and is provided pursuant to the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act (EPEWA) and Equal Pay Transparency Rules. It is estimated based on what a successful Colorado applicant might be paid. It assumes that the successful candidate will be in Colorado or perform the position from Colorado. Similar positions located outside of Colorado will not necessarily receive the same compensation.
The annual rate for this position generally ranges between $83,000.00 - $125,00.00 with an opportunity for a company-wide annual discretionary bonus, of up to 35% of eligible pay. These ranges are estimates, based on potential employee qualifications, operational needs, business performance to metrics, and other considerations permitted by law. The range may vary above and below the stated amounts, as permitted by Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Rule 4.1.2.
Benefits package includes healthcare, dental, and vision insurance for employees and eligible dependents. INEOS also offers several other wellness, financial, and work/lifestyle-specific benefits. 401(k) retirement has both an automatic 3% company contribution and a match of up to an additional 6% of eligible compensation. We offer generous paid time off that includes both sick and vacation which is based on and increases, with industry experience.
Our culture is one of honesty and integrity with an emphasis on safety, health and environmental performance.On our team, people are acknowledged for embracing new practices that help create real value for customers.