INEOS Composites US LLC
Are you interested in joining a winning team?A team whose employees are empowered to make a difference?Our culture is one of honesty, integrity and transparency with an emphasis on safety, health and environmental performance.
On our team people are acknowledged for embracing new ideas that help create real value for customers.Let’s get there together.
The Scientist I receives direction from a Principal or Senior Scientist but works day to day independently or as part of a team as required. Carries out laboratory work on a day to day basis unsupervised. The role exists within the Technology & Innovation Group (T&I) and consists of material synthesis, characterization, and applications testing. The individual should also be able to improve and modify existing test methods that will benefit productivity as well as maintain laboratory equipment and make recommendations to improve laboratory work processes
INEOS is a major international chemical company. INEOS Pigments produces TiO2 and TiCI4 via the chloride process with approximately 500 employees at the Ashtabula Complex. Research is conducted at both the Ashtabula Complex and at the Research Center being moved from Baltimore, MD to Columbus OH. This role is a salaried, exempt position with training occurring in Baltimore for 1 yr and then being relocated to Columbus. Relocation assistance will be provided. Work hours are typically 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. with limited travel.
This position will apply good laboratory practices in following standard operating procedures as directed by a Senior Scientist. Familiarity with the research tools in product development and quality testing required. This position will perform project work to achieve the performance goal for the Ashtabula Complex by conducting lab, pilot, and plant scale trials. The incumbent should possess critical analytical skills and good lab practices.
- Receives direction from the research scientist but works independently on a day to day basis.
- Perform area inspections and keep laboratory chemical inventory current
- Performs duties according to established standard operating procedures.
- Maintains labs to ensure continued reliability use in development and evaluation efforts.
- Understanding and experience in applications testing related to the TiO2 pigment markets helpful.
- Will be responsible for ensuring all test procedures are carried out day to day
- Order chemicals and supplies for experiments and to maintain inventory
- Prepares samples, characterizes products, and formulates into end uses
- Maintains good records and regularly reports study results
- A degree in Chemistry or related discipline; an AA with 4-7 years, a BS/BA with 0-3 years.
- Good written and verbal presentation skills
- Statistical accumen showing ability to organize, analyze, and interpret data
- A good knowledge of Health and Safety procedures generally as relates to internal SHE and CHP guidelines
- Should be well versed in pigment test methodologies.
- Should be adept at performing surface treatments involving corrosive and caustic materials dissolved in water
- Should have an excellent understanding of pigment manufacture.
- Should have an excellent understanding of material characterization techniques.
- Has a basic understanding of the operating principle of, and be able to perform regular maintenance of lab equipment.
- Skilled at working with hands
- Should be aware of TiO2 pigment market, customers and general regulations related to coatings, plastics and paper applications.
- A good knowledge of pigment application testing and product awareness.
- An awareness of the latest techniques, applications and analytical techniques for TiO2 pigment.
- Should have demonstrated good interpersonal skills with peers
- Should be available for plant trial support as required.
- Should have a sense of how regulatory rules impact work functions
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application