INEOS Composites US LLC
INEOS is a global manufacturer of petrochemicals, specialty chemicals and oil products. Our products touch every aspect of modern life. INEOS comprises 36 businesses each with a major chemical company heritage. Our production network spans 194 sites in 29 countries throughout the world.
INEOS Pigments produces TiO2 and TiCI4 via the chloride process with approximately 500 employees at the Ashtabula Complex and 30 employees associated with the Baltimore Administrative and Technical Center (BATC). The T&I group is split between the Ashtabula Complex and the Baltimore Administration and Research Center (BATC). This role is a salaried, exempt position based in either BATC or Ashtabula with regular travel between the two sites.
Future relocation to Columbus, OH will be required.
The Scientist I receives direction from the Manager of Technical Support but works day to day independently or as part of a team as required. Carries out laboratory work on a day to day basis unsupervised. The role exists within the Technology & Innovation Group (T&I) and consists of applications testing, characterization, and technical support to customers and manufacturing. The individual should also be able to improve and modify existing test methods that will benefit productivity as well as maintain laboratory equipment and make recommendations to improve laboratory work processes
Will be responsible for ensuring all laboratory procedures are carried out day to day in compliance with all relevant SH&E regulations.
This position will apply good laboratory practices in following standard operating procedures as directed by the Manager of Technical Support. Familiarity with the research tools in applications testing and quality certification required. This position will perform project work to support customers’ use of INEOS Pigments products by conducting lab testing and may be called to provide support for plant scale trials. The incumbent should possess critical analytical skills and good lab practices.
· Adhere to INEOS Pigments Safety Principles and Life Saving Rules
· Complete Action Items on time
· Complete computer-based training on time
· Perform specific Safety Audits
· Participate in safety improvement efforts including monthly meetings
· Receives direction from the Manager of Technical Support but works independently on a day to day basis.
· Perform area inspections and keep laboratory chemical inventory current
· Performs duties according to established standard operating procedures.
· Maintains labs to ensure continued reliability use in development and evaluation efforts.
· Understanding and experience in applications testing related to the TiO2 pigment markets helpful.
· Will be responsible for ensuring all test procedures are carried out day to day
· Order chemicals and supplies for experiments and to maintain inventory
· Prepares samples, characterizes products, and formulates into end uses
· Maintains good records and regularly reports study results
Education and Experience:
· A degree in Chemistry or related discipline; an AA with 4-7 years, a BS/BA with 0-3 years.
· Good written and verbal presentation skills
· Statistical accumen showing ability to organize, analyze, and interpret data
· A good knowledge of Health and Safety procedures generally as relates to internal SHE and CHP guidelines
· Should be well versed in pigment test methodologies.
· Should be adept at performing surface treatments involving corrosive and caustic materials dissolved in water
· Should have an excellent understanding of pigment manufacture.
· Should have an excellent understanding of material characterization techniques.
· Has a basic understanding of the operating principle of, and be able to perform regular maintenance of lab equipment.
· Skilled at working with hands
· Should be aware of TiO2 pigment market, customers and general regulations related to coatings, plastics and paper applications.
· A good knowledge of pigment application testing and product awareness.
· An awareness of the latest techniques, applications and analytical techniques for TiO2 pigment.
· Should have demonstrated good interpersonal skills with peers
· Should be available for plant trial support as required.
· Should have a sense of how regulatory rules impact work functions
Candidates must be authorized to work in the US and future sponsorship is unavailable for this role.
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application