Scientist – Technical Support - Manufacturing
INEOS Pigments is seeking a Scientist to join the Technical and Innovation group at our INEOS Pigments headquarters in Glen Burnie, Maryland. Under the direction of the Manager, Technical Support, the Scientist will perform application testing to support customers in multiple markets and as part of new product development programs. Additionally, the Scientist will improve and modify existing test methods to improve productivity and provide support in operating and maintaining calibration of T&I instrumentation.
- Perform project work to achieve performance goals by conducting laboratory, pilot, and plant trials
- Perform area inspections and maintain chemical inventory
- Perform duties according to established standard operating procedures
- Create new procedures when required and ensure all required test procedures are conducted promptly
- Conduct application testing related to the TiO2 pigment and TiCl4 market.
- Order chemicals and supplies for experiments and maintain accurate inventory levels
- Prepare samples, characterizes products, and formulate for end-use
- Maintain good records and provide regular reports of study results.
- Calibrate, troubleshoot, and performs minor maintenance on laboratory equipment
- Ensure safe and efficient laboratory operations, overseeing the required calibration, care of the laboratory equipment, secure handling of all chemicals, and performing testing
- A degree in Chemistry or related discipline; an AA with 3-7 years. BS/BA with 0-3 years or 10 years of TiO2 lab technician experience
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and accuracy are required
- Experience with coatings testing and formulation is also a plus
- Good written and verbal presentation skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects effectively and professionally
- Statistical acumen showing the ability to organize, analyze, and interpret data
- Has a general understanding of the operating principle and can perform regular maintenance of lab equipment
- Good knowledge of pigment test methodologies, pigment application testing, and product awareness.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with others
- Adherence to INEOS Pigments Life Saving Rules, Behavioral and Process Safety Principles
- Display sound judgment and attention to detail
- Can effectively communicate, both in written and oral form, to all levels of personnel, internal or external to INEOS Pigments
- Knowledgeable about chemical process operations and distribution issues
- Ability to travel for plant trial support as required
INEOS Pigments offers a competitive salary with an annual bonus and a comprehensive benefits package, including paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, long-term disability with the buy-up option, basic life & AD&D insurance with a buy-up option for self and dependents,401(k) with an attractive company match.
INEOS Pigments is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please click here, for more information about "EEO is the Law" and supplement.
INEOS Pigments is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential function of a position, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org call (410) 762-1000 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application