INEOS Composites US LLC
INEOS is a global manufacturer of petrochemicals, specialty chemicals and oil products. Our products touch every aspect of modern life. INEOS comprises 36 businesses each with a major chemical company heritage. Our production network spans 194 sites in 29 countries throughout the world.
INEOS Pigments produces TiO2 and TiCI4 via the chloride process with approximately 500 employees at the Ashtabula Complex and 30 employees associated with the Baltimore Administrative and Technical Center (BATC). The T&I group is split between the Ashtabula Complex and the Baltimore Administration and Research Center (BATC). This role is a salaried, exempt position based in either BATC or Ashtabula with regular travel between the two sites.
Future relocation to Columbus, OH will be required.
The Scientist II receives supervision from T&I VP or Senior Scientist on a fortnightly
or monthly basis and works week to week independently or as part of a team as required to apply chemical principles in synthesis and characterization of solid-state metal oxide materials leading to new or improved TiO2 pigment products. Carries out laboratory work on a day to day basis unsupervised. The role exists within the Technology & Innovation Group (T&I) and consists of material synthesis, characterization, and applications testing. The individual should also be able to improve and modify existing test methods that will benefit productivity as well as maintain laboratory equipment and laboratory order and make recommendations to improve laboratory work processes
This position will apply good laboratory practices in following standard operating procedures as directed by the VP of T&I. Familiarity with the research tools in product development and quality testing required. The qualified individual should be able to take learning from the lab experiment or plant trial results and apply that to development of ideas for new product or improvement of current product and/or processes. This position will work with other T&I teams as well as the Manufacturing teams to achieve the performance goals needed for scale up at the Ashtabula Complex by conducting lab, pilot, and plant trials. The incumbent should possess critical analytical skills and be adept at utilizing solid decision–making tools coupled with a high level of data analysis skills.
· Adhere to INEOS Pigments Safety Principles and Life Saving Rules
· Complete Action Items on time
· Complete computer-based training on time
· Perform specific Safety Audits
· Participate in safety improvement efforts including monthly meetings
· Receives direction from the VP, T&I but works independently on a day to day basis.
· Perform area inspections and keep laboratory chemical inventory current
· Performs duties according to established standard operating procedures.
· Maintains labs to ensure continued reliability use in development and evaluation efforts.
· Understanding and experience in applications testing related to the TiO2 pigment markets helpful.
· Will be responsible for ensuring all test procedures are carried out day to day
· Order chemicals and supplies for experiments and to maintain inventory
· Prepares samples, characterizes products, and formulates into end uses
· Maintains good records and regularly reports study results
Education and Experience:
· A BS/BA degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or equivalent with 3-7 years industrial experience or equivalent
· Good written and verbal presentation skills
· Statistical accumen showing ability to organize, analyze, and interpret data
· A good knowledge of Health and Safety procedures generally as relates to internal SHE and CHP guidelines
· Should be well versed in pigment test methodologies.
· Should be adept at performing surface treatments involving corrosive and caustic materials dissolved in water
· Should have an excellent understanding of pigment manufacture.
· Should have an excellent understanding of material characterization techniques.
· Has a basic understanding of the operating principle of, and be able to perform regular maintenance of lab equipment.
· Skilled at working with hands
· Should be aware of TiO2 pigment market, customers and general regulations related to coatings, plastics and paper applications.
· A good knowledge of pigment application testing and product awareness.
· An awareness of the latest techniques, applications and analytical techniques for TiO2 pigment.
· Should have demonstrated good interpersonal skills with peers
· Should be available for plant trial support as required.
· Should have a sense of how regulatory rules impact work functions
Candidates must be authorized to work in the US and future sponsorship is unavailable for this role.
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application