INEOS Olefins & Polymers USA
Interested in joining a winning team? A team whose employees are empowered to make a difference?
Offer range: $82,582 - 103,228
ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT AND JOB PURPOSE
INEOS Olefins and Polymers USA is one of the largest integrated producers of olefins and polyolefins in North America. From its manufacturing locations at Chocolate Bayou and LaPorte, Texas, it is a merchant marketer of butadiene, ethylene, polypropylene, and high-density polyethylene with annual revenue of $6.5 billion. The IT organization provides support to 1900 employees and 600 contractors.
How the Role Fits In:
The SAP application is the single-most critical component in our Financial and Supply Chain business processes. Unavailability of the SAP system can have a significant, direct, negative impact on business performance.. The role is necessary to ensure employees in the company can remain productive and business processes that rely on SAP and related technology continue to function.Problem solving done by the individual requires determining "how to solve" and interpolatively selecting/tuning solution combinations.
The individual works within procedures and defined policies, but is expected to challenge policies and recommend process improvements for routine tasks.
Expected to complete projects with little instruction or guidance on methodology, and has freedom to develop solutions with supervisory approval.
The individual focuses on completion of specific tasks.
Purpose of Job
Provide direct support, development, and maintenance in PM and related modules of the company's Enterprise Resource Planning (SAP S/4HANA) and related systems
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Provide functional and configuration expertise in support of SAP ERP and related applications suite in the SAP PM Module.
• Tests and implements bug-fixes and enhancements (including new processes and changes to existing ones) requested by the business in SAP
• Establish relevant Super User networks within the business, while working closely with other Super User networks, as needed to ensure strong coordination of initiatives.
• Leverages the capability and knowledge of Super Users to recommend and develop value creating ERP and related applications solutions, as well as to assist change management.
• Supports the analysis of project proposals; identifies potential problem areas, and recommends optimum approaches for project path, utilizing specific area of technical expertise.
• The individual recognizes complexity of problems and asks for help as required; Applies standards, procedures, and policies to accomplish goals.
• Captures and assimilates learnings for others. Applies general technical skills to new situations.
• The employee determines priorities and may deviate from established procedures as long as objectives are met. Direct monitoring of the job is sometimes needed.
• Work with the expert’s functional community and other process areas to investigate and resolve business process and data issues.
• Assists users with tools and support to allow them to effectively and accurately manage and retrieve their data.
• Works closely with 3rd party support vendors
• Supports the development of custom business applications, as well as to the development of interfaces and databases.
• Ensures reporting and Management information requirements are being met by the appropriate systems, through a process of user education and report development.
• Works with the ERP Support Manager to identify ways to minimize ERP and related applications support costs, while ensuring operational integrity.
• Participates in System Cycle and Integration testing.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
Bachelors degree in technical field with 3 to 4 years experience in SAP PTP or minimum 10 years experience with SAP PTP. Knowledge of SAP PTP and or Security is a plus.
• Understands complex technical aspects of role and performs work without supervision
• General business process background, with solid understanding of relevant SAP module
• Experience in working with, and/or supporting SAP and related applications systems with a good understanding of the configuration and technical aspects of the relevant SAP module.• Able to diagnose and solve technical or process issues, and evaluate impact on business.
• Possesses skill of interacting with others across functional boundaries.
• Works on complex assignments requiring interaction with personnel at multiple levels and across functional boundaries.
• Actively seeks input from others. Ability to work with colleagues, users and persons in different disciplines.
• Comfortable with all levels in the local organization.• Good communication skills (both written and verbal) and the ability to interact across different cultures and time zones.
• Actively works to identify improvements in problem resolution.
• Influences others to gain support; defines problems before attempting to solve; gages complexity of problem and time/effort needed to solve.
Our culture is one of honesty and integrity with an emphasis on safety, health and environmental performance.On our team, people are acknowledged for embracing new practices that help create real value for customers.