INEOS Olefins & Polymers USA
Interested in joining a winning team? A team whose employees are empowered to make a difference?
Compensation Grade: 31-32
Offer Range: $66,544 - $90,110
Location: Marina View Offices – League City, Texas
Organizational context and job purpose
INEOS is a global manufacturer of petrochemicals, specialty chemicals and oil products. It comprises 17 businesses, each with a major chemical company heritage. Its production network spans 75 manufacturing facilities in 24 countries throughout the world.
The O&P USA business includes the product lines Ethylene, Propylene, Butadiene, Polypropylene and Polyethylene. Manufacturing sites include Chocolate Bayou Works (Alvin, TX), Battleground Manufacturing Complex (LaPorte, TX), and Carson (Carson, CA), with a division office in League City, TX.
How the Role Fits in:
The SAP application is the single-most critical component in our Financial and Supply Chain business processes. Unavailability of the SAP system can have a significant, direct, negative impact on business performance.. The role is necessary to ensure employees in the company can remain productive and business processes that rely on SAP and related technology continue to function. Problem solving done by the individual is limited to choosing from among multiple procedures fitting known patterns of problems.
The Main Purpose of the Role:
Provide Master Data Stewardship for SAP and its ancillary systems.
Responsibilities AND Accountabilities
• Lead development and support of the business Master Data governance process for SAP.
• Identify best practices and process improvements for data management based on investigation/analysis and solicited feedback
• Incorporate process changes into appropriate audit and training materials.
• The individual works with clearly defined objectives; and seeks clarification if needed;
• Understands the value of procedures and policies and works within them; and seeks help and advice as required to meet timelines;
• Applies general technical principles within well defined policies.
• The employee is given priorities and may deviate from established procedures if directed to. Occasional direct monitoring of the job is typical.
• Act as the primary link between the business stake holders and SAP functiona leads to transalate business master data requirement implementataion and ensure data integrity across the IT eco system.
• The employee Influences the establishment of new procedures within their function to optimize performance.
• Supports developing and sharing of best practices within the local organization.The individual determines priorities and may deviate from established procedures as long as objectives are met. No direct monitoring of the job.
• Work with the business functional community and other process areas to investigate and resolve business process and data issues.
• Assist with IT user training development and delivery.
• Assist users with tools and support to allow them to effectively and accurately manage and retrieve their data.
• Collaborate with the business process owners to foster a positive IT business relations environment
• Work closely with 3rd party support vendors
• Participates in System Cycle and Integration testing.
Skills & Knowledge Required
- Bachelors degree in Computer/Management Information Systems
- 3 years Chemicals Industry and SAP Experience
• Understands technical aspects of role and performs work with minimal supervision
• General business process background, with solid understanding of relevant SAP module
• Experience in ERP data governance, data management
• Understanding of complex database systems and management of large data sets
• Able to diagnose and solve technical or process issues.
• Able to work well with others, giving and receiving information willingly;
• Awareness of workplace diversity; Ability to work with colleagues.• Good communication skills (both written and verbal) and the ability to interact across different cultures and time zones.
• Solves well defined problems without or with only partially defined steps to solutions in area of discipline.
• Able to solve complex, but predictable, problems where solutions are known to exist within core discipline.
• Shares information with others; organizes data; gathers information systematically; seeks input from others.
Our culture is one of honesty and integrity with an emphasis on safety, health and environmental performance.On our team, people are acknowledged for embracing new practices that help create real value for customers.
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application