Part of INEOS, INOVYN is Europe's leading producer of vinyls and in the top three worldwide. With an annual turnover of €3.1 billion, INOVYN has circa 4,200 employees and chemical manufacturing, sales and marketing operations in 8 countries across Europe.
INOVYN’s portfolio consists of an extensive range of class-leading products arranged across General Purpose Vinyls; Specialty Vinyls; Organic Chlorine Derivatives; Chlor Alkali; Hydrogen and Vinyls Technologies. INOVYN's annual commercial production volume is circa 10 milliontonnes. See www.inovyn.com and www.ineos.com for more details.
Main role purpose:
The post holder develops, leads and implements PVC additive project targets in line with the INEOS Performance Chemicals business requirements and as directed by the PVC Additives R&D Manager. This post involves project management and R&D technical responsibility.
Key responsibilities & accountabilities:
- Act in accordance and show leadership with the INEOS 20 SHE Principles, IGGN compliance and Asset Care.
- Act as the single point of accountability and expert in new additive development projects in line with market requirements.
- Support, answer and resolve technical problems from customers (mostly through the Technical Product Support group), including the development of relevant laboratory and pilot data.
- Give expert technical support on existing analytical techniques.
- Develop and support new laboratory experimental techniques; design and carry-out organic synthesis.
Key skills & experience:
- PhD in chemistry.
- 3 years minimum experience in R&D.
- Experience in organic, polymer and analytical chemistry preferred.
- Sensitivity to SHE issues.
- Autonomous; problem solver.
- Team builder.
- Fluent in English and French.
- Primarily a laboratory focused role, but willingness to travel are important.
INOVYN is a company of INEOS. INEOS is a global manufacturer of petrochemicals, speciality chemicals and oil products. It comprises 34 businesses each with a major chemical company heritage. Its production network spans 183 sites in 26 countries throughout the world.
This is a direct Company recruitment. We will not accept applications via employment agencies