Reliability Engineer, Rotating Equipment
Pasadena, Texas - Styrene United States (US)
INEOS Styrolution America LLC
We Have Great Chemistry
We believe diversity is perceiving difference; inclusion is valuing it. Without inclusion, we cannot unlock the value that diversity has to offer. Everyone has a seat at our company table. Our employees bring their unique selves to work daily, have a sense of belonging, and contribute to our core values. We have an inclusive approach, which is open and transparent. We respect and value diversity and believe in equality of opportunity. We do this by valuing and respecting cultural differences and welcoming diversity of thought and perspectives from all our employees.
The Position: Reliability Engineer, Rotating Equipment -
You will be accountable for the reliability of rotating equipment; requiring knowledge of best-in-class practices around operation and maintenance of rotating equipment. You will utilize a solid ability to troubleshoot mechanical rotating equipment by applying root cause failure analysis. Skills include troubleshooting motors, pumps, compressors, and gearboxes utilizing vibration signatures, oil analysis, and motor current signatures.
What you will do:
- Troubleshoot reciprocating and centrifugal compressor problems utilizing existing process conditions.
- Oversee and direct the rotating equipment/vibration monitoring program.
- Review rotating equipment recommendations and set priorities for completion of recommendations.
- Ensure complete and accurate rotating equipment repair documentation.
- Participate in all the appropriate project reviews that impact the reliability and rotating equipment integrity of the plant.
- Implement projects to improve mechanical reliability, reduce costs, improve safety and solve environmental issues.
- Provide technical support to project engineering. Have some crossover responsibilities on the stationary equipment reliability.
- Work with vendors concerning equipment issues, technology issues, failure problems, and quotes on equipment used in some projects.
- Demonstrate strong safety leadership in daily work and through:
- Coordination with maintenance supervisors to develop and implement preventive and predictive maintenance programs on existing equipment (fixed equipment, pumps, safety devices, etc.) based on manufacturer’s recommendation or best engineering practices
- Lead or participate as needed in Process Hazard Analysis, Layers of Protection Analysis (LOPA), or other risk assessments
- Write and support the Management of Change process through PHA and PSSR Evaluations
- Lead/participate in incident investigations to identify root causes and corrective recommendations to prevent reoccurrence
What you will bring:
- BS in Engineering; Mechanical Engineering preferred
- 8+ years’ work experience in plant maintenance, of this, 5 years focused on rotating equipment troubleshooting, vibration monitoring, etc.
- Extensive experience with reciprocating and centrifugal compressors and pumps
- In-depth knowledge of refrigeration compressors, steam turbines and gearboxes
- Experience in providing training to rotating equipment mechanics and operators preferred
- Familiarity with vibration signature and oil analysis; pump design fundamentals and sizing; and mechanical details of rotating equipment and seal plans
- Basic knowledge of relevant instrumentation and applications on rotating equipment
- Root-cause analysis and reliability fundamentals
- Familiarity with Bad Actor programs and Criticality analysis
- General understanding of reactors, exchangers, boilers, tanks, etc.
- Experience with SAP, Microsoft Office software, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Microsoft Project, etc.
The Location: This opportunity is located in Pasadena, TX, USA approximately 20 miles east of downtown Houston.
What We Offer You
Above-market compensation includes performance-related pay and bonuses
Career development, job progression, and tuition reimbursement
Flexible work environment, paid vacation, and sick time
A comprehensive health benefits package with low premiums to support employee wellbeing
Retirement savings with company match plus contributions
Fitness reimbursement to encourage employees to stay healthy and active
No. 1 global leader in styrenics: Styrene Monomer, Polystyrene, Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene Standard, and Styrenic Specialties
3,600 employees worldwide
20 manufacturing sites in 10 countries
Customers in 106 countries
6 billion EUR in 2021
We are excited to hear from you and share more about our organization.
All the best,
The INEOS Styrolution Talent Team
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application