FPS is a 100% INEOS-owned integrated oil and gas liquid transportation and processing system with a nominal capacity in excess of one million barrels per day serving the central area of the North Sea.
Oil and gas liquids from over 50 offshore fields and St Fergus flow through pipelines into FPS. FPS transports crude oil and gas liquids from offshore and onshore entry points, processes the liquids at Kinneil and redelivers to the customer Forties Blend crude oil at Hound Point and either Raw Gas or fractionated Gas Products at Grangemouth
The Project Lead is accountable for the development and delivery of Projects, Repair Orders and Minor Modifications associated with the relevant Engineering and Construction deliverables across all offshore and onshore sites for INEOS FPS North Assets.
The role calls for an individual who is able to lead a project portfolio and associated activities from initiation through to close-out whilst providing technical support to the relevant stakeholders and monitoring project spend as required. This is to be demonstrated through ensuring the purpose, functionality, regulatory compliance, leadtime and cost of engineered solutions aligns with the specific project requirements.
The Project Lead will serve as the Asset Focal Point for management of EPC activities across defined areas of the Asset’s Programme, with a specific focus on Piping and Structural Modifications, Repair Orders and Minor Projects. This role requires co-ordination and supervision of activity scoping, delivery and cost management, ensuring that efforts align with the Asset priorities.
- Spearhead the management and co-ordination of our EPC Partners, ensuring robust scoping, timely delivery of projects, and stringent cost control measures.
- Act as the primary liaison between relevant Vendors and the Asset, guiding project scopes to align with Asset strategies and priorities.
- Oversee the execution of owned activities ensuring compliance with Asset specifications and standards.
- Lead the prioritisation of Minor Projects, Repair Orders and Piping and Structural Modifications to maximise operational and cost efficiency for the Asset.
- Collaborate closely with Engineering and Construction teams to uphold project integrity and compliance with regulatory standards
- Develop statements of requirements and scope of works for owned activities with engineering support from Discipline Engineers.
- Support the creation of work execution schedules with resourcing requirements.
- Attend the asset integrated planning meetings and ensure planning gate compliance for all owned activities.
- Develop project scope, cost estimate & schedule for every project prior to inclusion in the next budget cycle.
- Define and implement appropriate project controls to deliver management information necessary to achieve budgeted cost and schedule commitments.
- Facilitate pragmatic solutions for challenges throughout each project lifecycle.
- Evaluation of Vendor quotations and proposals against the engineering deliverables.
- Review and co-ordination of relevant engineering documentation from conceptual design through to site commissioning.
- Performing Readiness Reviews for owned activities.
- Review and correct job plans and system data during work order planning stage.
- Adhere to and promote Ineos 20 Principles and 7 Life Saving Rules to team, colleagues and external vendors.
- Communicate regularly with offshore and onshore teams to highlight areas of concern with regard to job readiness and potential SIMOPS issues.
qualifications and technical experience
HND or equivalent qualifications.
Able to demonstrate continuing personal and professional development.
- Proven track record of working with Vendors and improving Vendor performance in delivering large and complex maintenance work scopes
- Proven track record in identifying opportunities for reducing engineering costs.
- Experience in monitoring Vendor Engineering delivery performance.
- Experience in planning and managing various Project, Repair Order and Minor Modification scopes within the offshore Oil & Gas Industry.
- Working knowledge of Maximo.
Job Knowledge Skills:
- Issue Vendor performance reports with analysis and insights on the quality of the work performed against respective scope deliverables, timelines and budgets.
- Written and verbal communication internally and with vendors ensuring priorities are understood and internal and external stakeholders are aligned
- Ability to work with individuals from a varied background in a multi-cultural environment.
- Excellent relationship-building and communication skills.
- Effective Vendor management and co-ordination skills.
- Results driven mindset to ensure roadblocks are promptly and effectively managed.
- High levels of attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively manage emergent requirements amongst planned workflow.
- Positive attitude, self-confident, independent and ability to work on own initiative.
how to apply
Please register and submit your application and apply
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application