Pasadena, Texas - Styrene United States (US)
INEOS Styrolution America LLC
WE HAVE GREAT CHEMISTRY
We believe diversity is perceiving difference; inclusion is valuing it. Without inclusion, we cannot unlock the value that diversity has to offer. Everyone has a seat at our company table. Our employees bring their unique selves to work daily, have a sense of belonging, and contribute to our core values. We have an inclusive approach, which is open and transparent. We respect and value diversity and believe in equality of opportunity. We do this by valuing and respecting cultural differences and welcoming diversity of thought and perspectives from all our employees.
The Project Engineer/Manager is responsible for independently overseeing and managing the successful engineering, construction, and completion of small to mid-size capital projects for the Gulf Coast Region. The position leads teams to achieve safety, quality, budget and schedule performance to deliver projects at the lowest cost and highest functionality.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Safety, Health & Environmental Leadership
- Set safety expectations for the project, and lead the team to achieve safety goals. Serve as job representative and address all safety issues that arise with contractors brought on site for the execution of capital projects to deliver best-in-class HSE performance.
- Lead, audit, or participate in safety reviews (HAZOPs/HAZIDs/SIL reviews) and incident investigations to identify root causes and corrective recommendations to prevent reoccurrence.
- Support Process Hazard Analysis, Layers of Protection Analysis (LOPA), Management of Change (MOCs).
- Update engineering standards, required drawings, and records and final documentation of project changes to maintain proper integrity management.
- Ensure new installations adhere to INEOS Group Guidance Notes.
- Ensure technical resolution of all resultant recommendations from major unit HAZOP studies and other safety audits.
- Oversee the project scope, budget, and schedule of capital project(s), including preparation and implementation of Project Execution Plan.
- Lead FEL process, completing stage gate reviews, and obtaining management approvals.
- Lead contracting negotiation strategy; manage contractor evaluation, bid, and award process with support from Purchasing.
- Coordinate resources to perform up front engineering and development of estimates.
- Manage project requests and backlog. Confirm accuracy of cost estimates as well as monthly cash flow forecasts.
- Develop, gain approval for, and manage to project KPI’s and metrics.
- Lead development of a risk management plan.
- Prepare and give presentations to various levels of Company management and other stakeholders.
- Assemble a full-time team to effectively execute the project.
- Review credentials and provide approval for personnel provided form contractors’ organizations.
- Understand contracts and manage contractors to maximize performance, control costs and minimize claims and change orders.
- Ensure plant Operations and Maintenance personal are engaged and that they understand their responsibilities.
- Provide technical direction to contractor staff to ensure compliance with philosophies, codes and standards and delivery of the project goals.
- Establish and lead processes to ensure the engineering and design integrity is not compromised during the design, construction execution and commissioning phases.
- Accountable for engineering activities from basic engineering to detailed engineering through start-up, to meet the target start-up dates, budget, facilities engineering design integrity, and HSE performance for the project.
- Provide technical support to the operations team during preparation for start-up and up to normal operation.
- Coordinate Peer Reviews and Peer Assists as required.
- Contribute to establishing common engineering codes and standards.
- Maintain and update unit technical records including the establishment of new equipment files, the organization of relief valve specifications and calculations and the updating of training materials for the unit.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- B.S. Engineering degree required (or higher level engineering degree)
- At least 5 years project management experience
- Knowledge of engineering contracting and project execution contracting/strategy
- Experience in applying process safety management (PSM) and process hazard analysis to address safety aspects of major projects
- Track record of developing long term solutions for operations and maintenance problems
- Ability to interact effectively with the operations and process engineering areas to plan turnaround execution and prioritize projects
This opportunity involves supporting projects at two plant locations. One is located in Pasadena, Texas and the other is in Texas City, Texas. The sites are approximately 20 miles apart. Pasadena is part of the Houston metropolitan area, about 30 miles from downtown. Texas City is about 40 miles Southeast of Houston and 10 miles north of Galveston Island. Please note that relocation assistance is not available for this position.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
No. 1 global leader in styrenics: Styrene Monomer, Polystyrene, Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene Standard, and Styrenic Specialties
3,600 employees worldwide
- 20 manufacturing sites in 10 countries
- Customers in 106 countries
- 6 billion EUR in 2021
We are excited to hear from you and share more about our organization.
All the best,
The INEOS Styrolution Talent Team
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application