From soft drink bottles to packaging trays, from clothing to carpet, INEOS Aromatics makes the chemicals used to produce many of the things we use in our daily lives.
Our main products include paraxylene (PX) and purified terephthalic acid (PTA). PTA is a raw material used in the manufacture of polyesters used to make fibres, textiles, film, and polyethylene terephthalate (PET) bottles. PX is a feedstock for PTA production. We also produce a number of other specialty petrochemicals products, including metaxylene. We care about how we deliver these essential products to the world. Above everything, the safety, reliability and excellence in our operations is fundamental to our success. Our progress comes from the energy of our people, a team committed to continuous improvement and excellence.
Purpose of the job
The Project Director is accountable for ensuring the day-to-day execution of the project aligns with business objectives and remains within project boundaries.
Accountabilities of the job
- Direct the development of a project team and project plan for large international PET projects. This includes detailed schedule, resource plan and budget in line with the defined business goals and objectives
- Set performance targets (safety, operability, quality, cost and schedule) based on benchmarking and continuous improvement
- Oversee the development and execution of all project deliverables, including control of the scope and management of changes throughout the design and execution
- Define contracting strategy and oversee related procurement processes to ensure smooth project execution
- Ensure technical assurance of engineering deliverables, including appropriate design reviews, to ensure projects are designed to support safe and reliable installation and operation
- Oversee the development of and compliance to the quality plan in engineering, purchasing and assembly
- Oversee safe and efficient execution of construction activities through planning and oversight
- Identify risks at appropriate project stages and ensure that risks and opportunities are managed throughout the project lifecycle
- Identify and communicate best practices and lessons learned throughout the project team, site, and / or organization, as appropriate
- Oversee document control and record keeping throughout the project and completion of close-out processes and post-project assessment.
Level of education & Experience in general
- Master’s degree in engineering or another technical discipline.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in chemical manufacturing. PET experience is preferred.
- Substantial experience in large project engineering and management and related roles.
- Seasoned experience in and highly advanced understanding of Front-End Loading (FEL) concepts and project development
- Seasoned experience in and significant understanding of contracting strategy development, procurement and Procurement and Supply Chain Management (PSCM) practices
- Seasoned experience in managing engineering and construction contractors and significant understanding of engineering deliverables and construction practices
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with internal stakeholders across multiple disciplines, cultures and geographies, across INEOS and with external stakeholders such as government, third party partners, and suppliers
- Promote communication, coordination, teamwork and alignment of all project team members
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills required
- Willing to travel and
- Proven ability to lead- influence- and motivate multidisciplinary teams to achieve challenging goals.
At INEOS Aromatics, you can add value whilst continuing to develop yourself. You will be able to use your full potential in an inspiring company that places accountability on people where the expectation is to be entrepreneurial with a drive for excellence and improving business results.
Working for INEOS Aromatics means an attractive salary package with an interesting bonus system, a flexible compensation plan, flexitime and fringe benefits specific to the chemical industry.
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application