Interested in joining a winning team? A team whose employees are empowered to make a difference?
Introduction to INEOS Energy
Do you have a desire to make a real impact in the Energy industry? Do you thrive on a challenge? If so, then INEOS Energy want to hear from you!
At INEOS Energy we produce and trade oil, gas, power, liquefied natural gas (LNG) and carbon credits. This is supported by our investments in low carbon technologies, which will help sustain our business through the energy transition. Direct examples of these areas are ‘Project Greensand’, our pioneering carbon storage project in the Danish North Sea and our investment in HydrogenOne Capital.
Our top priority is the health and safety of our staff both on and offshore. We foster a work environment founded on trust, respect, and teamwork. Hard work and the belief that nothing is impossible is at the core of the INEOS values, we believe this is what sets us apart from the rest.
Join us on our exciting journey as we shape the future with innovative field development projects, energy transition, new energy investments as well as the safe and reliable production of energy for our customers.
We currently have the following exciting opportunities within Denver-based US Oil & Gas team:
Job Title: Production Engineer IV Department: Engineering
Summary of Position
Responsible for day to day support of an area in the field, inclusive of partnering with field staff to troubleshoot and optimize, develop workover procedures, identify optimal artificial lift for base wells if and when conversions are necessary, and ensure that the base field is optimized in the area of accountability. Ultimately will report out profitability of an area, by managing deferment, cost and identifying uplift opportunities for the area.
- Design artificial lift systems necessary for well bore conditions of existing wells, most AL in the field is rod pump, gas lift or plunger.
- Identify workover opportunities, write AFE’s and support with economics (IRR, NPV payback)
- Write workover procedures for wells.
- Ensure all work is performed properly through a management of change process.
- Partner with field to troubleshoot problems, such as hole in tubing, rod pumping efficiency.
- Identify de-bottlenecking / production uplifting opportunities, and work with the correct disciplines to see these through.
- Perform project look back reviews to ensure costs and anticipated outcomes are achieved. If not understand why and drive improvements into the future
- Oversee an area, understanding all downtime from under performance to shut in.
- Support the team monthly, quarterly, and annual in critical KPI’s, SHE-R, production, reliability and cost targets.
- Partner with facilities engineers to improve operations of rotating equipment.
- Identify opportunities to de-bottleneck wells, inclusive of lowering pressure through compression, and provide specifications to the facilities engineers for the compression needs, inclusive of flash gas, boost or gas lift.
- Own specific cost categories, and report on these categories for the asset. For example, the cost category could be flowback, water disposal, chemicals along with others.
- Manage TA/PA program for your area of operations.
- Participate in the Pre-Startup Safety Review for handing over new wells
- Drive innovation into the business through better opportunities to visualize and see data, to direct engineering improvements for operations or workovers.
- Participate in root cause failure analysis, and understand all downhole failures.
- Partner with leadership and procurement to ensure costs are managed, and we have adequate vendor availability.
- Provide feedback for new well design, such as well bore design, to ensure operability of new wells, or with reservoir how we manage well POL’s and choke schedule.
- Participating in field safety program
- Opportunity to identify other issues across the business, such as lack of data for decision making, and have the ability to partner with the right people to get the reports or data needed.
- Perform well by well reviews with management and field on a routine basis
- Minimum 8+ years of industry experience
- Bachelor of Science in engineering degree
- Proven track record of driving improvements and profitability into the business
- Proven track record of improving safety performance.
- Track record of improving process safety through effective controls
- Ability to find, evaluate, and successfully implement technology solutions to improve safety, cost, and execution.
- Proven track record of success and problem solving.
- Ability to develop and lead high performing, multidisciplinary, technical teams.
- Experience optimizing execution and business processes.
- Passion for Innovation with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Desire and willingness to spend regular time each month (up to 25%) in the field supporting staff and understanding how work gets done.
Preferential treatment will be granted to candidates residing in the Denver, Colorado metropolitan area.
INEOS USA Oil & Gas LLC is not currently sponsoring employment visas for this position.
Compensation & Benefits
Please note that the compensation information that follows is a good faith estimate for this position only and is provided pursuant to the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act (EPEWA) and Equal Pay Transparency Rules. It is estimated based on what a successful Colorado applicant might be paid. It assumes that the successful candidate will be in Colorado or perform the position from Colorado. Similar positions located outside of Colorado will not necessarily receive the same compensation.
The annual rate for this position generally ranges between $117,000 - $171,000. with an opportunity for a company-wide annual discretionary bonus, of up to 27% of eligible pay. This role, depending on skill level and experience, may also participate in the Long-Term Incentive Plan with annual awards, vesting over three years, ranging from 8-16% of stated annual target. These ranges are estimates, based on potential employee qualifications, operational needs, business performance to metrics, and other considerations permitted by law. The range may vary above and below the stated amounts, as permitted by Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Rule 4.1.2.
Benefits package includes healthcare, dental, and vision insurance for employees and eligible dependents. INEOS also offers several other wellness, financial, and work/lifestyle-specific benefits. 401(k) retirement has both an automatic 3% company contribution and a match of up to an additional 6% of eligible compensation. We offer generous paid time off that includes both sick and vacation which is based on and increases, with industry experience.
Our culture is one of honesty and integrity with an emphasis on safety, health and environmental performance.On our team, people are acknowledged for embracing new practices that help create real value for customers.
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application