Interested in joining a winning team? A team whose employees share in the ownership of the business and are empowered to make a difference?
and job purpose
INEOS is a rapidly growing manufacturer of petrochemicals, specialty and intermediate chemicals and polymers. INEOS includes 67 manufacturing facilities in 16 countries throughout the world with approximately 17,000 employees. INEOS’s annual turnover is around $40bn making it one of the largest chemical companies in the world.
The INEOS Nitriles Green Lake Plant located near Victoria, Texas, is a world scale, state of the art chemical complex. The primary product from this site is Acrylonitrile, a chemical intermediate used in the production of acrylic fibers, plastics, and nitrile rubber. Acetonitrile and Hydrogen Cyanide are co-products of the Acrylonitrile production process. Acetonitrile is purified through a proprietary process to produce a very high quality material with little waste generated.
How the Role Fits in:
The Nitriles procurement team is chartered to significantly improve the way third party spend is managed, thereby establishing procurement as a major strategic lever and equal contributor to the success of the business. In support of this charter, the primary role of the Procurement Manager is to ensure that the team delivers services and materials that are purchased and delivered that meets the needs of the Green Lake Site as well as aligning with procurement strategies. This role has a direct line to the Logistics, Procurement, & Supply Chain Manager with a dotted line to the Site Director.
Purpose of Job:
The Procurement Manager role is chartered to deliver positive results to the business and its’ stakeholders by: evaluating the supply base to select suppliers to achieve lowest total cost of ownership; administer contracts that eliminate potential risks & liabilities to the Company; meeting internal customer requirements by providing the right material/service at the right time to facilitate plant safety & reliability; creating and promoting a safe work environment to protect self, others and our facilities from injury/damage; adhering to and promoting Company policy while conducting internal and external business activities and actions with integrity, honesty and in accordance with the highest standards of business ethics.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Embrace the 20 Principals and Life Saving Rules in all aspects of work performed and has a special responsibility to cascade the understanding of these principles/rules to their team.
- Lead a team of 4 procurement experts and 2 storehouse technicians
- Develop and implement the procurement strategy and tactical plans that result in contracts that achieve the identified needs.
- Critical conduit to procurement value delivery connecting procurement as a function to the site leadership team.
- Conduct supplier negotiations to obtain highest value in the sourcing process.
- Effective spend management
- Ensuring assigned contracts are effectively administered
- Delivering cost reduction through spend and cost analysis, pricing, extended payment terms, demand reduction, and total cost of ownership (TCO) strategies
- Ensuring supplier performance management is in place and actively managed
- Developing effective procurement channels for all related spend
- Create quality-based contracts/purchase orders that eliminate risks & liabilities and adhere to procurement policies and procedures.
- Ensure supplier performance management is in place and actively managed.
- Accountable for cost savings and avoidances through effective contract negotiation, strategic sourcing process utilization and contract leakage control.
- Proactively and continually seek and develop new and competitive sources of supply.
- Utilize volume/spend leverage opportunities with other Ineos companies to gain favorable economics.
- Conduct needs and trends analyses for assigned goods and services, qualifying potential sources, developing detailed requests for proposals, performing both financial and business impact analyses, negotiating terms and conditions, and managing implementation of creative purchasing programs (including gaining consensus from internal customers).
- Provide procurement oversight and support for strategic support and capital projects.
- Reconciliation of blocked/parked invoices to support adherence to contract payment terms.
- Routinely expedite open Purchase Orders to ensure expected delivery requirements are met.
- Work closely with Storehouse personnel in optimizing inventory levels and reduction of slow moving inventory items.
- Works closely with other Procurement personnel to streamline transactions and eliminate non-value added tasks.
- Ensure accurate definition of requirements, negotiates purchase agreements, establishes and maintains an effective procurement system consistent with company control guidelines.
- Interact regularly with technically oriented internal and external customers to communicate and/or negotiate complex contract issues.
- Establish and utilize a site support network for timely acquisition of site managed materials and services while achieving best overall value.
- Responsible for developing positive long term valued supplier partnerships while optimizing the supplier base.
- Liaison with internal customers to insure continuity of supply consistent with operations planning, production schedules, and maintenance plans.
- Manage effective internal client and supplier relationships
- Mentor site personnel in procurement policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with other purchasing staff and internal customers to identify and implement best practices.
- Challenge old ways of doing things and continuously improve and streamline processes
- Create time saving tools and systems
- Automate processes to create space for team to move into greater areas of responsibility and increased levels of performance.
Skills & Knowledge Required
- Knowledge of skills with procurement processes including:
- Market sector strategy development & application
- Demand management
- Supply chain risk management
- Contract execution and management
- Supplier performance management
- Materials management
- Project Management Skills
- Negotiating and Influencing Strategy
- Financial Skills
- Demonstrate an understanding of SAP. Must be able to perform procurement tasks and extract data from SAP for analysis, problem solving and decision making is preferred.
- Commercial acumen and leadership in obtaining optimal commercial position required.
- Analytical skills and the ability to apply them to purchasing decisions to increase value, considering both short and long term objectives.
- Must be able to effectively handle many competing priorities and ambiguous situations with limited supervision.
- Problem solving and judgement
- Proficiency in MS-Office products
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong computational and data analysis skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to influence peers and management
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Must work well and communicate with others effectively and professionally
- Drive, sense of urgency and problem-solving abilities will be critical for the success of this individual.
- Strong work ethic.
- Ability to prioritize work – assure the important items are done
- Bachelor’s degree required in Business or related field. Degree in Materials and/or Logistics Management or related technical degree (Engineering / Chemistry) preferred.
- Professional Accreditation (CPSM, CSCP, ScPro) preferred
- 10 – 15 years procurement experience in manufacturing environment and/or managing requirements planning, asset management and acquisition management required
- Thorough knowledge of the U.S. Gulf Coast maintenance services, MRO and labor markets preferred
- Detailed understanding of business partner strategies, performance plans, goals and objectives and linkage to Procurement strategies, goals and objectives
- Understanding of Total Cost of Ownership principals and Supply Chain Management elements
- Understanding of Procurement processes
- Thorough understanding of integration of SHE (Safety Health Environmental), into procurement and operations
- Materials Management SAP / ERP knowledge
- Ability to climb fixed ladder cages at heights of 30 ft. at a time. Total of 200 ft. (Employee may need ladders as means of egress during emergency).
- Ability to climb 6 flights of stairs.
- Ability to enter enclosed spaces through 18” man-way for cleaning and inspection purposes.
- Ability to lift 50 lb..
- Ability to wear required PPE: Hardhat, safety glasses, chemical goggles, face shield, rigid safety shoes/boots, full/half face cartridge masks.
- Ability to work length of time outdoors/ inclement weather.
- Job specific: Climbing, balance, bend/stoop, kneeling, reaching, lifting, carrying.
- Need to evaluate understanding of proper lifting techniques and body mechanics.
Our culture is one of honesty and integrity with an emphasis on safety, health and environmental performance.On our team, people are acknowledged for embracing new practices that help create real value for customers.