Organizational Context and Job Purpose
INEOS is a global manufacturer of petrochemicals, specialty chemicals and oil products. We comprise 36 businesses with 194 sites in 29 countries throughout the world.
INEOS products make a significant contribution to saving life, improving health and enhancing standards of living for people around the world. Our businesses produce the raw materials that are essential in the manufacture of a wide variety of goods: from paints to plastics, textiles to technology, medicines to mobile phones - chemicals manufactured by INEOS enhance almost every aspect of modern life.
Purpose of the job:
Operate equipment in production systems, prepares solutions, monitors measuring instruments and equipment, obtains and provides simple analysis of routine samples, and assists in unloading operations. Carries out cleaning, maintenance, and minor repair work in the production systems to maintain a clean, safe work environment.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Accountability 1: Make appropriate process adjustments to meet safety, quality, and environmental requirements.
- Accountability 2: Confer with peers, technical and supervisory personnel to report or resolve conditions affecting safety, efficiency, and product quality. Troubleshoot equipment problems and process upsets.
- Accountability 3: Observe unit data, monitor field instrumentation and process trends. Communicate with other personnel to make adjustments on such equipment as pumps, compressors, reactors, distillation columns, heat exchangers, etc.
- Accountability4: Take samples of products and perform simple laboratory analysis. Maintain log of plant operating information and shift production.
- Accountability 5: Make regular rounds through the unit visually inspecting equipment for leaks and hazards and to observe operating data.
- Accountability 6: Prepare equipment safely for maintenance work and assist maintenance personnel in repairs including removing and installing valves, pumps, control units, etc. Assistance includes pulling, pushing, lifting, carrying parts, equipment and tools. Use appropriate tools to properly open, close, remove and secure items.
- Accountability 7: Assists in Emergency Response situations.
- Accountability 8: Perform Job Tasks as outlined in SOPs.
- Accountability 9: Perform quality-related tasks as indicated in the Quality Procedures Documents of the Unit.
- Accountability 10: Ability to operate process using plant DCS and troubleshoot using PI data historian.
- Accountability 11: Assists in performing safety reviews, safety audits, incident investigations, and safety suggestions.
- Accountability 12: Ability to read and interpret P&IDs.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Two-year Process Technician degree or equivalent experience required.
- Experience operating a Honeywell Experion Distributed Control System or equivalent is a plus.
- Computer Skills: E-mail, SAP, Word, Excel and PowerPoint experience is a plus.
ADA Physical requirements, visual acuity requirements and environmental conditions
The physical activities of this position require walking, standing, grasping, fine motor acuity, hearing, and talking constantly; climbing, stooping crouching, reaching, pulling, lifting, feeling, and other repetitive motions often; balancing, kneeling, and pushing occasionally.
The physical requirements of this position include exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or 10 pounds of force constantly. The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform activities such as viewing a computer, read, inspect small parts, operate machines and tools. The worker is constantly subject to various environmental conditions- activities occur inside and outside; this includes extreme temperatures (hot and cold) with and without protection, and hazards such as proximity to moving parts, moving vehicles, electric current, noise, working at heights, fumes. The worker is occasionally subject to vibration, odors, and dust. The worker is occasionally required to work in narrow spaces or enclosed areas.
Our culture is one of honesty and integrity with an emphasis on safety, health and environmental performance.On our team, people are acknowledged for embracing new practices that help create real value for customers.