Process Control Engineer
Full Time Permanent
Hull, East Riding
We’re looking for a Process Control Engineer to join the INEOS Acetyls team based at the site in Hull.We need highly motivated individuals who want to be part of our growing business.
INEOS Acetyls is a global chemicals business producing acetic acid and a range of derivatives across Europe, Asia and America. We’re part of INEOS - one of the largest petrochemical companies in the world, employing around 26,000 people across 194 sites in 29 countries.
You will be based at the Hull site, which is the largest producer of acetic acid, acetic anhydride and ethyl acetate in Europe. The products we produce are essential building blocks used in almost every industry, including renewable power, automotive, pharmaceuticals, coatings and textiles.
Hull is also home to the business's global technology development and support team and is based on the 370-acre Saltend Chemicals Park - a cluster of world-class chemicals and renewable energy businesses at the heart of the UK's energy estuary.
Be part of our journey to net zero
Sustainability is at the heart of our business, and we have created a road map to achieving net zero. We’re investing in this sustainable future right now you could be part of our journey.
As the Process Control Engineer, you will be the designated engineer covering all aspects of process automation for a specific asset. This includes a requirement to maintain and develop process automation techniques, included but not limited to:
- process control
- safety instrumented systems (SIS),
- distributed control system (DCS) hardware strategies,
- procedures, standards and documentation
If you thrive on a challenge and are prepared to push yourself, then INEOS’ open and non-hierarchical approach to business will give you the opportunity to quickly develop your career. We value daily collaboration and teamwork, reaping the benefits of working on site/office based.
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Discretionary annual bonus plan
- Generous contributory pension
- Life assurance
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays with option to buy extra annual leave and flex 5 of these bank holidays
- Ongoing career development
- Wide range of benefits including discounted private medical insurance, health cash plans and high street discounts
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- Free on-site gym to launch soon
- Online health and fitness hub for employees, plus friends and family
- Employee Assistance Programme offering a wide range of support services including counselling, financial support, legal services – for employees and family.
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
We are looking for someone who has DCS/SIS engineering experience, including Honeywell TPS/Experion control system and FSC/SM safety systems, gained whilst working on continuous refinery/chemical processes. Honeywell DCS hardware knowledge, fault finding and troubleshooting are essential.
You will have knowledge of the chemical engineering processes with the ability to provide plant commissioning support maintaining compliance with all regulatory requirements within process automation field.
A good understanding of maintenance practices to manage petrochemical plant availability is key to maintaining fully supported and fit for purpose process automation solutions at lowest cost.
You will be able to deal with complex technical (and ambiguous) situations, be innovative and good at problem solving, with the ability to work autonomously as well and part of a team.
A good understanding of Microsoft Windows operating systems is essential.
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application