PRESSURE VESSEL ENGINEER (SME)
Title: Pressure Vessel Engineer (SME)
Hours: 37.5 per week
Contract type: Permanent
Are you in?
A truly global company, INEOS comprises of 36 businesses with 194 sites in 29 countries throughout the world. We also encompass a range of consumer brands and sports interests.
We pride ourselves in offering a working environment that is friendly and welcoming, that offers employees true autonomy and empowerment and that enables everyone to achieve their goals and to have a fulfilling professional career with us.
INEOS Grangemouth is an integrated refinery and petrochemicals centre of excellence. We are the largest manufacturing site in Scotland. Click here to find out more Grangemouth | INEOS
ABOUT OUR OPPORTUNITY
A highly motivated Pressure Vessels Engineer is required to join our Integrity Team to provide discipline subject matter expertise and support Asset, TAR and Projects businesses in delivering legal compliance and achieving INEOS OPUK business goals. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing Engineering technical support regarding vessels, heat exchangers and tankage, as well as respond to and resolve all fixed equipment queries related to operating assets and projects within INEOS OPUK Grangemouth. They will also be responsible for ensuring compliance to Standards by Suppliers and Contractors.
- Support Mechanical Technical Authorities in achieving compliance to discipline standards.
- Author, update and interpret discipline standards, recommended practices and engineering guidance. Assess impact of updates to national codes, standards and legislation to current engineering site practices.
- Review & respond to deviations from the mechanical related site standards.
- Resolve all applicable pressure vessel standard / technical queries (SQ / TQ).
- Check and approve fixed equipment design work for projects.
- Responsible for pressure vessel design, regulatory requirements and manufacturing methods.
- Liaise with Materials, Corrosion, Piping and Welding Engineering SMEs regarding material selection, fabrication and construction and certification of fixed equipment.
- Perform fitness for service evaluations and code compliance calculations. Approve any in-house calculations and take the lead any external level 3 FFS assessments.
- Liaise with Procurement and other relevant engineering disciplines regarding design, construction, commissioning and operation of fixed equipment.
- Experience of codes used within petrochemical manufacturing operations, maintenance, fabrication and inspection.
- Deliver vessel engineering support in an efficient and cost effective manner to the INEOS OPUK business. This includes Projects, Assets and TAR support.
- Interact appropriately with all internal and external clients, and industry bodies.
- Report integrity issues/concerns to Integrity, Asset and Compliance Management.
- The jobholder will provide technical advice to support the INEOS OPUK Grangemouth Management System in meeting PESR, PSSR and COMAH requirements.
- Be Degree Qualified in Mechanical Engineering.
- Be a Chartered Engineer, UK Engineering Council.
- Have significant experience in vessel, heat exchanger and tankage construction, repairs and maintenance activities.
- Have industrial experience in a Pressure Vessels SME role on both ageing legacy equipment and on new plant.
- Have detailed knowledge of ASME, API, ISO, BS EN Codes and Standards including, but not limited to, ASME VIII, PD 5500, EN 13445, PCC-2, API 579, BS 7910.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of NDT methodology and applicability.
- Be logical and practical with the ability to think laterally with advanced troubleshooting skills.
- Be an effective written and verbal communicator.
- Demonstrate willingness to be highly visible during difficult issues such as major maintenance and repair events.
- Show strong commitment to improvement in SHE performance.
- Have a high level of personal drive, motivation and commitment.
WHAT WE OFFER
- 34 days holiday
- Benefits Platform – access to discounts on high street stores etc. Discounted PMI, Travel Insurance etc.
- Up to 20% Discretionary Bonus Opportunity
- Scottish Widows Contributory Pension including employer contributions
- Free On-site Gym & Classes
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Enhanced maternity leave
- Salary Sacrifice Car and Cycle to Work Scheme
- Ongoing Career Development
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should submit their CV via our website ineosopportunities.co.uk
Pre-screen (If applicable)
Applicants with a successful CV may be invited to an online MS Teams or telephone call to further discuss the role, the organisation and your suitability.
Successful applicants will then be invited to interview which will consist of behavioural and technical questions.
If you are selected as the preferred candidate you will receive a provisional offer which will be subject to a medical assessment and reference checks.
ADDITIONAL USEFUL LINKS
Hydrogen Fuel Network Trial
Click here to find out how INEOS Grangemouth are involved in the switch to hydrogen UK Gas Network switch to hydrogen
Click here to find out more about our other businesses across the globe We are INEOS
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application