INEOS Olefins & Polymers USA
Interested in joining a winning team? A team whose employees are empowered to make a difference?
Pipeline Supply Organization Manager: Pipeline System, Stratton Ridge & Hobbs
S1-S2 (commensurate with experience)
June 23, 2023
Organizational Context and Job Purpose
INEOS has grown to become a leading chemical company, with sales today of around $65 billion annually. INEOS is a global company with 26,000 employees on 194 sites in 29 countries.
The Olefins & Polymers USA (O&P USA) business within INEOS includes the Ethylene, Propylene, Butadiene, Polypropylene (PP) and Polyethylene (PE) product lines. Manufacturing sites include Chocolate Bayou Works (Alvin, TX), Battleground Manufacturing Complex (LaPorte, TX), and Carson (Carson, CA), with a division office in League City, TX. Overall, O&P USA has approximately 1,300 employees, 1,400 contractors, and annual revenue of $6.5 billion.
How the Role Fits In:
The role will report directly to the O&P USA Operations Director.
The Main Purpose of the Role:
On a sustained basis, manage all aspects relating to the Safe and Compliant operation of the Business Pipeline Assets and the feed, product-storage and fractionation facilities: SHE, Integrity, Quality, Reliability, Commercial (costs and optimization), People, Community / Industry involvement, and Strategy.
The assets include 600 miles of pipeline infrastructure, 10 salt dome storage caverns with a capacity of ~11m barrels of feed/product, 2 pumping stations enabling 500k barrels per hour of system delivery and a 35k barrel/day fractionator. This position also supports Oligomers and Nitriles Businesses in the management of their pipeline assets.
- Accountable for ensuring continual compliance with all Regulatory and INEOS Operating standards as a minimum. Maintain the License to Operate.
- Accountable for ensuring a continual risk conscience and rigorous risk assessment in all operating activities.
- Accountable for ensuring equipment integrity continually meets all relevant regulatory and INEOS standards as a minimum.
- Accountable for all aspects of control of work to ensure safe execution of all operating, maintenance, and project activities on a daily / shift basis.
- Accountable for co-ordination of all manufacturing activities to ensure delivery of production targets and maximum EBITDA contribution for the Business.
- Accountable for setting and managing all budgets for the Pipeline / Sites (Operating, Maintenance, AsCare, TAR, CAPEX, CVC).
- Accountable for definition and implementation of Pipeline / Sites improvement strategies to achieve current and future SHE, regulatory, production and cost performance requirements.
- Accountable for ensuring compliance with all O&P USA people management policies and procedures.
- Accountable for people leadership standards and performance through motivating, developing and empowering teams / individuals to deliver required / enhanced performance.
- Accountable for ensuring a fully staffed, competent and high performing organization.
- Accountable for managing the operating relationships with pipeline customers.
- Act as duty incident manager for Pipelines and the Stratton Ridge / Hobbs Sites.
- Accountable for managing external Community, Industry and Regulatory relationships.
Skills & Knowledge Required
- Undergraduate degree in engineering or related field is required.
- For non-degreed candidates, a significant level of experience (>25 years) in the industry is essential.
- The individual will have a minimum of 20 years’ experience in the pipeline, salt dome storage, and chemical manufacturing industry.
- Experience of managing an Operations facility and associated organization is required.
- A track record of strong performance delivery in senior Operations roles is required.
- Experience and knowledge of pipeline operations and regulation is essential.
- Business awareness, financial and commercial understanding is advantageous.
Skills and Competencies
- Experience and knowledge in operating pipeline systems and salt dome storage facilities regulated by DOT 195/192.
- Understanding of Pipeline integrity, operations, and maintenance management.
- Understanding of relevant SHE legislation and required performance standards.
- A thorough understanding of risk assessment and management methodologies and practices.
- Emergency, upset and reputation management.
- Project management and execution experience.
- Managing organizational change.
- Manufacturing excellence.
- Budget setting and spend management.
- Personal integrity and rigour in all decision making.
- Ability to manage large multi-level, multi-discipline teams.
- Expert leadership, coaching and people development skills.
- A change agent, with mastery of driving cultural change across organizations.
- Ability to motivate and drive performance improvement at all levels of the organization, both within and out with line accountability.
- Exceptionally strong communication skills.
- Continual high level of personal motivation and drive.
Our culture is one of honesty and integrity with an emphasis on safety, health and environmental performance.On our team, people are acknowledged for embracing new practices that help create real value for customers.
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application