Pasadena, TX USA
INEOS Styrolution America LLC
The global leader in styrenics: No. 1 leader in styrenics with a focus on Styrene Monomer, Polystyrene, Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene Standard and Styrenic Specialties
Employees: 3,600 worldwide
Production sites: 20 manufacturing sites in 10 countries
- Customer base: Customers in 106 countries
- Sales: 6 billion EUR in 2021
Want to play a key role in leading a plant to attain operational excellence in all we do? We aspire to a systemic, evolving and effective approach to business operations; a continually productive and innovative workforce; and an organization that consistently realizes sustainable growth and increasing valuation. The Operations Superintendent is responsible for driving operational discipline and ensuring a professional and respectful team atmosphere within the shift teams at the Bayport Styrene Monomer plant. Your performance will be measured through production optimization, reliability, safety, environmental, financial, and other metrics. You'll be providing leadership for Safety, Health, & Environmental policies and practices; and coaching and mentoring a team of 5-8 direct reports (including shift supervisors) and approximately 35 indirect reports. This position reports to the Operations Manager.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Drive personal safety, process safety, and environmental improvement plans to achieve safety and environmental goals, as well as ensure compliance with regulatory and permit requirements.
- Develop the process operating skills and knowledge of the team as a whole, and also of the individual team members. Build talent through effective performance management, employee development, training plans, and implementation of other people processes.
- Make decisions to ensure stable plant operations and employee safety.
- Communicate and follow-up on operations critical issues and opportunities.
- Embed operational discipline practices as a means of providing more predictability across the organization, higher levels of efficiency, fewer mistakes and better quality.
- Assess the appropriateness of current team operating systems and decide where improvements are necessary.
- Identify and capture opportunities to enhance or improve organizational knowledge.
Engage operators and shift supervisors in developing solutions to operational challenges. Build team capability to identify & facilitate resolution of conflicts and issues within the shifts.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- B.S. in Chemical Engineering or equivalent engineering qualification
- Supervisory experience
- 7+ years experience in operations roles supporting front-line teams in the petrochemical, refining, or related industry
- Leadership, setting goals, managing performance, coaching, employee morale, and engagement, developing and implementing succession plans
- Microsoft Office application proficiency, Word, Excel, Project, Teams, Outlook
WHERE YOU WILL WORK
This opportunity is located in Pasadena, TX, in the greater Houston metropolitan area, about 30 miles east of downtown.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
- Competitive salaries, performance-related pay, and bonuses.
- A comprehensive benefits package with low premiums including health, short term disability, and life and accidental death insurance plans
- Retirement savings with company match + contributions
- Fitness and tuition reimbursement
- Flexible work environment
- Career development and progression
WE ARE INEOS STYROLUTION BECAUSE
It does not matter where you come from, who you are or how you see yourself. We have an inclusive approach that is open and transparent and welcomes talent first and foremost. At INEOS, we believe a diverse business provides the right platform for open and innovative thinking, and that’s where the best ideas come from. We are an equal opportunity employer and champion diversity.
We are excited to hear from you and share more about our organization.
All the best,
The INEOS Styrolution Talent Team
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application