INEOS Olefins & Polymers USA
Interested in joining a winning team? A team whose employees are empowered to make a difference?
Grade 33- 34 commensurate with experience
Range: $77,185 - $112,24
ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT AND JOB PURPOSE
INEOS Olefins and Polymers USA is one of the largest integrated producers of olefins and polyolefins in North America. From its primary manufacturing locations at Chocolate Bayou, near Alvin, Texas and Battleground Manufacturing Complex in LaPorte, Texas, with significant operations at multiple sites in the US for WL Plastics, an Oil and Gas subsidiary with active wells in Texas, as well as smaller operations at Cedar Bayou and near Hobbs New Mexico. O&P USA, produces and/or markets of butadiene, ethylene, polypropylene, and high-density polyethylene, NGL feedstocks and PE Plastic pipes with annual revenue of over $6 billion.
How the Role Fits In: The NGL Financial Analyst will act as a liaison between Front, Mid, and Back Office to ensure timely processing of all payments, sales, and reporting.
The Main Purpose of the Role: The NGL Financial Analyst is responsible for ensuring the validation of price and quantity of all purchased/sold feeds and the integrity of the Supply Department Profit Center.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Work with the front, mid, and back-office staff to ensure trade data is reconciled accurately between the general ledger and the deal capture and valuation systems (ION RightAngle).
- Validation of Prices including IEAG deals through blotter (Trader) records of agreed pricing and OPIS (pricing service) to calculate and/or validate purchase/sale pricing.
- Communicate with front, mid and back office to resolve discrepancies when performing trade checks
- Calculate prior month true up of price corrections and closing vs final volumes
- Create and distribute Mariner spot activity summary at Mont Belvieu and Mariner East
- Update Spot Deal Schedule with new deals and pricing
- Entry of purchases/sales into SAP system
- Maintain good communications and coordination between Accounting, Commercial / Trading and work with Purchasing to resolve any feedstock payment issues.
- Prepare and submit IEAG Cash forecasting to treasury team.
- Calculate final IEAG swap and MTM data
- Determine Storage, Rosenthal, Broker, Consulting fees incurred and rebill Europe
- Reconciliation of all volumes to 3rd party pipeline, storage, and inspection reports.
- Validation of inventories via month-end reconciliations.
- Backup and assist the Trade Control Manager including the Daily Position Reporting and other reporting and calculations of the realized and unrealized (Mark-to-market) profit/loss.
- Perform daily risk metric computations and analysis including Value at Risk (VaR). NGL Financial Analyst
- Work with the front office to ensure timeliness and integrity of trade data. • Manage financial reporting of the Hobbs Manufacturing Complex and other miscellaneous accounting support.
- Support the Energy Procurement manager with various accounting duties and financial analysis.
- Satisfy monthly reporting requirements and provide analysis for upper management (ie. Trading Group board slides.)
- Provide documentation and feedback on Audit requests.
- Review balance sheet monthly and review/prepare account reconciliations to provide assurance on data integrity.
- Ad Hoc projects as needed
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
Education/Experience: Level of education & Experience in general
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field with 3-5 year relevant experience required.
• Preference given to candidates with advanced financial and trading control experience. Experience in risk control analytics and reporting functions also valuable. Working knowledge of the industry operations and key industry business drivers.
Skills and Competencies
• Analytical skills and familiarity with midoffice trading systems and processes.
• Advanced Microsoft Skills, primarily Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• Team Work capabilities and excellent communication skills required.
• SAP FI/CO module knowledge. (knowledge of other modules also a plus) Behavioral skills
• Creates an environment in which quality information flows freely between self and others; encourages open expression of ideas and opinions; ability to teach others effectively and communicate well across functional groups.
• Must have good communication skills (both written and verbal) and able to discuss and explain financial transactions and processes in a clear and concise way to individuals across all levels of the organization.
• Strong organizational and time management skills – ability to manage short deadlines.
• Visionary: Adapts to multiple/changing demands readily.
• Self-starting individual who can wo
Our culture is one of honesty and integrity with an emphasis on safety, health and environmental performance.On our team, people are acknowledged for embracing new practices that help create real value for customers.