INEOS Olefins & Polymers USA
Interested in joining a winning team? A team whose employees are empowered to make a difference?
INEOS is a global manufacturer of petrochemicals, specialty chemicals and oil products. It comprises 36 businesses each with a major chemical company heritage. Its production network spans 194 sites in 29 countries throughout the world. The INEOS Olefins & Polymers USA business is a major participant in the North American chemical industry, with an annual manufacturing capacity of 9.6 billion pounds of petrochemicals. Manufacturing sites include Chocolate Bayou Works (Alvin, TX), Battleground Manufacturing Complex (La Porte, TX), and Carson (Carson, CA), with a corporate office in League City, TX.
The 300-acre INEOS Battleground Manufacturing Complex (BMC) was originally built in 1956 and is located on the Houston ship channel east of Houston, Texas. Currently, BMC produces both high-density polyethylene and polypropylene. The polypropylene line has a capacity of approximately 320 million pounds per year, and the seven polyethylene lines have a combined capacity of approximately 3 billion pounds per year. The BMC site has a state-of-the-art technical center which integrates research and development, technical services and quality assurance. The millwright will report to the Mechanical Team Lead in the BMC Maintenance Department.
Responsibilities AND Accountabilities
- The position is accountable for understanding and putting into practice the INEOS 20 Principles.
- Ability to safely work in a complex mechanical facility processing large quantities of flammable materials.
- Participate in behavior based safety process.
- Ability to follow standard procedure to ensure safety, environmental compliance and high quality work.
Skills & Knowledge Required
- Measurement of mechanical parameters, comparison of these to standards and returning equipment to meet standards
- Recording key measurements to facilitate analysis of failures and development of improvement initiatives
- Troubleshooting operational problems associated with rotating equipment.
- Removal and installation of equipment including alignment and testing to insure proper operation
- Working successfully in a team oriented environment to accomplish daily work activities.
- Participating in cross functional teams to identify and solve problems to increase plant availability
- Identifying appropriate spare parts for equipment
- Ability to interpret drawings, P&ID’s, manuals.
- Precision assembly of complex gearboxes, pumps, compressors, blowers, airlocks, centrifuges and specialized extruding equipment.
- High School Diploma or equivalency.
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in an industrial environment, polymer plant preferred
Our culture is one of honesty and integrity with an emphasis on safety, health and environmental performance.On our team, people are acknowledged for embracing new practices that help create real value for customers.
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application