Interested in joining a winning team? A team whose employees are empowered to make a difference?
ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT AND JOB PURPOSE
INEOS Olefins and Polymers USA is one of the largest integrated producers of olefins and polyolefins in North America. From its manufacturing locations at Chocolate Bayou and LaPorte, Texas, it is a merchant marketer of butadiene, ethylene, polypropylene, and high‐density polyethylene with annual revenue of over
How the Role Fits In:
The Mechanical Engineering (ME) Lead leads the scope definition and Engineering Quality Assurance effort for the Mechanical component of the scope of work and ensures the design meets the Business and Project Objectives.
The Mechanical Engineering Lead works with the other discipline engineering leads to define the scope of work for the project and ensures the project design meets industry and INEOS specifications. The Mechanical Engineering Lead functionally reports to the Engineering Manager – Project Ironclad.
Purpose of Job
The Mechanical Discipline Engineering Lead leads the scope definition and Engineering Quality Assurance effort for the Mechanical components of the scope work and ensures the design meets the Business and Project Objectives for projects as requested.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
General Project Responsibilities on Projects
- Support the development of the Scope of Facilities Documents, Options Map for Alternative Designs, and Project Design Basis documentation.
- Review/Validate any updates made to the Basic Engineering Design Data (BEDD).
- Participate in Risk Assessment meetings and provide perspective as to how the identified risk affects ME design/scope and mitigation strategies to minimize if not eliminate the identified risk.
- Develop the ME Quality Management plan
- Develop the ME design philosophies to be included in the RFP/Instructions to bidders
- Work with the Engineering Manager to identify additional required specifications for ME.
- Support the Engineering Manager in defining the engineering deliverables required for ME based on the scope work.
- Support the Engineering Manager in developing the Hold & Review Plan for ME deliverables.
- Support/participate in the applicable Value Improving Practices (VIP) Workshops.
- Ensure IGGN requirements for design and ASSET CARE are incorporated into the scope of work.
- Participate in the INEOS interdisciplinary reviews of all engineering deliverables in Support the accordance with the engineering document distribution matrix as required (i.e. Squad Check).
- Identify/Verifies the list of applicable field services/studies required to support the engineering effort.
- Work with the Site Inspection group, Project QA/QC Manager and the Construction Manager to develop Inspection Test Plans (ITPs) for mechanical equipment (Rotating & Static), piping, as well as the ITPs for mechanical/piping construction activities in the field.
- Consult SHE Lead and CM on the development of the SHE plan as it relates to ME work.
- Work with the Environmental Manager to identify all applicable permits affected by the ME scope and/or affects the ME scope.
- Participate in the technical evaluation of the engineering and construction contractors being evaluated for the scope of work.
- Participate in the Path of Construction Discussion and subsequent ME Construction Work Package sequencing strategy for the project.
- Provide conceptual design/input to support development of early stage estimates and review the basis for later stage estimates and proposals.
- Supports Start-Up activities as per the Start-Up Plan as applicable
- Supports Performance Testing as applicable
- Contributes to the Close Out Report
- Assist in the development and capture of Lessons Learned.
- Support and/or lead the investigation of alternative materials of construction for the mechanical scope.
- Review change notifications submitted to the project and provide guidance to the Engineering Manager and Project Manager as to whether the change is valid and whether the change is a true scope change or design evolution.
- Participate in Model and constructability reviews.
- Drive review of technical bid tab evaluations and provide technical recommendation for which equipment to select.
- Attend FATs in the shop for Mechanical scope (e.g. pre‐fabricated buildings) and participate in inspection hold points a required.
- Work with the Engineering Manager and Document Control Manager to define the type/format of the deliverables (and deliverable native file) turned over at the end of the project.
- Support the Document Control Manager in the update of the Engineering Document Distribution Matrix as applicable to Mechanical deliverables for execute.
- If Pneumatic testing is required for the project, finalize the pneumatic testing package.
- Work with the Commissioning Manager and the Construction Manager in finalizing the commissioning plan and requirements for Mechanical Assets (e.g. pumps, HVAC systems, tanks, etc.).
- Provide Mechanical Engineering Quality Assurance of the Execute Engineering Contractor’s Mechanical deliverables
and approve drawings as required.
- Support the engineering firm in responding to RFIs from the field. Provide guidance in the event the engineering contractor is not able to provide guidance.
- Drive the Hot Tap Process and serve as the Owner’s mechanical engineering witnessing the hot tap.
- Support shop and Field QA/QC effort as needed.
- Participate in the Preliminary Pre‐Start‐Up Safety Review (PSSR) as required.
- Support the Commissioning effort for Mechanical assets as required.
TWIC Card will be required.
Our culture is one of honesty and integrity with an emphasis on safety, health and environmental performance.On our team, people are acknowledged for embracing new practices that help create real value for customers.