Interested in joining a winning team? A team whose employees share in the ownership of the business and are empowered to make a difference?
Mechanical Reliability Engineer
Purpose of role:
The successful candidate who fills this position will work as a member of the Reliability Team. The Mechanical Reliability Engineer will report to the Reliability Team Leader and will play a role in developing and executing both short-term and long-term Reliability strategies for rotating and fixed equipment.
The Mechanical Reliability Engineer will be assigned a unit of the plant and will be responsible for supporting the mechanical efforts in that area. This includes working closely with Operations, Maintenance, Capital Projects, and the Inspection group to support daily operations as well as increase reliability and cost efficiency. The position will also be involved in analyzing reliability data to develop site-wide and unit reliability improvements.
The Mechanical Reliability Engineer will track equipment performance by reviewing maintenance and reliability specific Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s). The Mechanical Reliability Engineer will be expected to provide guidance on the repair and operation of pumps, reciprocating compressors, blowers, large speed reducing gearboxes, heat exchangers, piping, pressure valves, agitators etc as well as identify, manage and execute small projects.
- The position is accountable for understanding and putting into practice the INEOS 20 Principles.
- Participate on the Unit Management Team with counterparts from Operations, SHE (Safety, Health and Environmental) and Maintenance departments reviewing operational status and ongoing risks. Identifying and executing risk mitigation plans in territory of expertise.
- Work with the Rotating Equipment and Equipment Monitoring technicians to address deviations in equipment performance.
- Lead and/or Serve on RCFA investigation teams.
- Work with Capital Project Engineering to define specifications for new unit rotating and fixed equipment.
- Develop and implement MOCs (Management of Change).
- Provide troubleshooting and assistance for unusual or persistent mechanical problems.
- Effectively communicate to Operations, Maintenance, and Inspection teams regarding reliability strategies, plant strategies/performance measures and asset objectives/goals.
- Lead by influencing the resources available within the organization and Cooper River to assure objectives/goals of the team are delivered
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a mechanical engineering position.
- Manufacturing Plant experience is preferred.
Most Important Skills & Knowledge
- Strong mechanical engineering skills with knowledge of reliability methodology.
- Understanding of reliability tools such as vibration monitoring, oil analysis, Infrared Thermography for rotating equipment is also preferred.
- Able to anticipate problems and adjusts accordingly
- Has the ability to generate new ideas from within self and from others
- Can implement new and useful concepts effectively
- Has effective oral and written communication skills, fosters open dialogue, listens attentively, understands appropriate audiences
- Excellent communication with all levels of the organization and across different groups
- Can make timely, effective decisions consistent with business plans and department goals; able to manage change and multiple priorities
- Can mutually define requirements with internal/external customers
- Able to organize work effectively and uses available resources
- Has a proven record in problem solving, decision making, exceeding objectives and delivering results.
- Has the ability to positively influence others/promote philosophy, win concessions without damaging relationships.
- Has a fundamental knowledge of principles of financial budgeting and capital management skills, including cost/benefit analysis.
- Has demonstrated the ability to manage progress and deliver multiple and competing priorities.
- Has proven commitment and delivery of SHE compliance.
- Works and interacts effectively as a team member.
Other Requirements (such as Travel, Location)
Must be at least 18 years of age; legally authorized to work in the United States; and not require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., TN, H1B status), now or in the future.
Must be able to fluently speak, write, and read English.
Our culture is one of honesty and integrity with an emphasis on safety, health and environmental performance.On our team, people are acknowledged for embracing new practices that help create real value for customers.
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application