Materials and Corrosion Engineer
Permanent, Full time
Saltend Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire
INEOS Acetyls is headquartered in London, UK and produces over 3 million tonnes of Acetyls products per annum from 8 manufacturing locations across the globe, generating an EBITDA of > $300 million. It has leading market positions in Europe, USA and Asia.
The role works within the Inspection team which is part of the Asset Support Team based in Hull, UK, and provides INEOS Acetyls Assets with corrosion, materials and welding technical expertise.
About the Opportunity
This role is responsible for providing expert metallurgical, corrosion and welding technical support to Ineos Acetyls.
- Providing materials, metallurgical, corrosion and welding advice to Ineos Acetyls teams including Asset, Asset Support, Inspection and Project teams
- Developing and supporting implementation of corrosion management control strategy
- Providing technical support to Inspectors in preparation of inspection work scopes and review of Inspection findings and assesses the impact of corrosion degradation
- Investigating and reporting on in-service equipment degradation and failures
- Maintaining and developing Corrosion Control Documents and Corrosion & Materials Diagrams
- Managing the Integrity Operating Windows process
- Maintaining the Site Materials and Coatings Manuals
- Providing specialist corrosion engineering support to the RBI process
The successful candidate will be degree qualified with substantive experience in corrosion and materials engineering. Ideally you will have worked within the chemicals or allied industry such as oil or gas with plant experience.
You will have:
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to influence without formal authority.
- Excellent problem solving & influencing skills to provide the best business outcome in a dynamic work environment.
- Highly motivated, self-reliant, and proactive mindset.
- Excellent written/oral communication and presentation skills and ability to build effective working relationships.
- Team player and self-motivated
This is an onsite role based in Hull working 37.5 hours per week.
What we offer
As well as ongoing career development we offer a wide range of benefits including discounted private medical insurance, cash plans and high street discounts.
25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays with option to buy extra annual leave and flex 5 of these bank holidays.
Competitive salary and discretionary annual bonus.
Enhanced maternity and paternity leave; Contributory Pension; Employee Assistance Programme; Cycle to Work Scheme.