INEOS Olefins & Polymers USA
Interested in joining a winning team? A team whose employees are empowered to make a difference?
INEOS is a global manufacturer of petrochemicals, specialty chemicals and oil products. It comprises 36 businesses each with a major chemical company heritage. Its production network spans 194 sites in 29 countries throughout the world. The INEOS Olefins & Polymers USA business is a major participant in the North American chemical industry, with an annual manufacturing capacity of 9.6 billion pounds of petrochemicals. Manufacturing sites include Chocolate Bayou Works (Alvin, TX), Battleground Manufacturing Complex (La Porte, TX), and Carson (Carson, CA), with a corporate office in League City, TX.
The 300-acre INEOS Battleground Manufacturing Complex (BMC) was originally built in 1956 and is located on the Houston ship channel east of Houston, Texas. Currently, BMC produces both high-density polyethylene and polypropylene. The polypropylene line has a capacity of approximately 320 million pounds per year, and the seven polyethylene lines have a combined capacity of approximately 3 billion pounds per year. The BMC site has a state-of-the-art technical service center which integrates research and development, technical services and quality assurance.
Purpose of the job:
The Maintenance Planner’s primary role is to plan maintenance activities within assigned production and plant areas. The Maintenance Planner works closely with the Maintenance & Operations team to plan maintenance for day-to-day activities and shutdowns. The Planner plans maintenance activities to maintain a safe, efficient, reliable operation. They are responsible for visiting the specified job site to identify the scope of work, planning and estimating all resources required to perform specific jobs. They also requisition all needed material and external services. They work closely with the department requesting the work, as well as those performing work to ensure adequate detail has been provided. Post job evaluation is required to update plans and SAP task lists for future use. The planner references Maintenance SOPs and plant equipment specifications to determine proper repair methods and proper material purchases. This position works closely with the Planning & Scheduling Supervisor to manage the backlog and prioritize work in the backlog. The Maintenance Planner reports directly to the Planning & Scheduling Supervisor.
Responsibilities AND Accountabilities
- Demonstrates Safety Leadership through the promotion of the INEOS 20 Safety Principles.
- Develop top quality and reusable job plans which are accurate for the task(s) and are conducive to efficient work execution.
- Key Job Plan elements include:
- Required skill crafts and accurate work duration(s)
- Required tools and equipment to properly execute the work
- Optimal sequencing logic between operational steps
- Requisitions for necessary parts and materials via the Procurement department
- Re-usable task lists for repetitive jobs
- Accurate/updated Bills of Material (BOM's) where appropriate
- Special instructions and required documentation such as IFC information, QA/QC needs, piping equipment schematics, etc.
- Create/Manage SAP Maintenance plans/task list for preventative maintenance activities
- Manage maintenance orders such that they are planned and worked in accord with one another where possible to optimize scaffolding and resource use.
- Ensure maintenance work orders are created with correct entry data and cost settlement information
- Coordinate activities on purchases and deliveries through the Procurement department.
- When appropriate, conduct field walk through with engineers or draftsmen to ensure proper routing of piping in the field.
- Research repairable and non-stock parts to ensure availability and adjust inventory as required.
- Create drawings of piping systems and create bills of material for piping and insulation.
- Grouping notifications together that can be planned and worked as a single order.
- Monitor planned and unplanned backlog for assigned area of responsibility and report status and delays as necessary.
- Is accountable for specifications being met on planned work orders. Works closely with the Inspection and Engineering department to clarify issues, questions and any applicable deviations to specifications.
- Update, correct, and maintain equipment files. Ensure new equipment files have information needed for maintenance and make recommendations on stores stock parts.
- Participate in staff meetings and maintenance update / scheduling meetings.
- Update bill of materials in SAP.
- Review new orders in unplanned backlog on a daily basis and plan them per agreed priority with appropriate Maintenance Coordinator.
- Resolve material issues on work orders that have been cancelled after material has been ordered or purchased.
- Work with the Procurement team when required to ensure the most cost-effective materials and services are sourced to execute planned / unplanned work.
- Participates in plant safety, health, and environmental programs.
- Participates in reliability initiatives.
Skills & Knowledge Required
- High School Diploma required. Undergraduate degree in related field a plus.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in chemical, refining or industrial manufacturing and/or capital projects with prior responsibility for facilitating maintenance planning/execution functions/practices.
- Experience as a pipefitter/boilermaker/soft crafts is a plus.
- Proficiency in piping, vessels, towers, heat exchangers, and other fixed equipment is a plus.
- Strong technical knowledge of materials, equipment design and function
- Ability to open, print and read engineering drawings, P&IDs and equipment detail drawings
- Ability to visualize necessary repairs and communicate best practices with management and plant employees
- Ability to read, understand and follow technical specifications
- Exposure to various mechanical repairs and techniques preferred
- Previous experience facilitating outside shop work, as well as support activities (e.g., insulation processes, scaffolding, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft products. Strong application of Excel
- Strong written and communication skills required
- Working knowledge of SAP Plant Maintenance Module is desired
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work with diverse groups in sometimes time-compressed situations to gain consensus and a clear path forward required.
- Leadership capability
- Demonstrates influence and collaboration skills between multiple individuals and departments.
- Exceptionally strong communication skills, drive, sense of urgency and problem-solving abilities will be critical for the success of the individual in this role.
- The ability to work across all disciplines and throughout all levels of the organization in a persuasive and credible manner is necessary.
Must be able to work in a variety of environments that include both fieldwork and deskwork. Minimum requirements include:
- Maintaining constant awareness of personal safety and the safety of all other personnel. This includes knowledge of unit operation, procedures, and rules.
- Being able to work in a safety sensitive environment that includes large rotating equipment and hazardous chemicals.
- The manufacturing facility is located outside in the Houston ship channel area. Must be able to withstand both high temperatures and high humidity while wearing the appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Being able to ascend and descend a barrel ladder with continuous vertical length of up to 35 feet.
- Being able to climb and descend stairs up to a total structure height of 150 feet.
- Being physically able to wear and navigate through the unit with a respirator if needed.
- Being able to work at a desk and operate routine items such as a computer and calculator.
Our culture is one of honesty and integrity with an emphasis on safety, health and environmental performance.On our team, people are acknowledged for embracing new practices that help create real value for customers.
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application