Part of INEOS, INOVYN is Europe's leading producer of vinyls and in the top three worldwide. With an annual turnover of €3.1 billion, INOVYN has circa 4,200 employees and chemical manufacturing, sales and marketing operations in 8 countries across Europe.
INOVYN’s portfolio consists of an extensive range of class-leading products arranged across General Purpose Vinyls; Specialty Vinyls; Organic Chlorine Derivatives; Chlor Alkali; Hydrogen and Vinyls Technologies. INOVYN's annual commercial production volume is circa 10 milliontonnes. See www.inovyn.com and www.ineos.com for more details.
Main role purpose:
The post holder delivers the INEOS Inovyn maintenance strategy at Newton Aycliffe site, ensuring that legal and Company standards are adhered to and that the current and future targets for SHE, asset condition, production output, reliability and fixed costs are achieved.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Responsible for understanding, implementing and complying with the INEOS 20 Principles for Managing Behavioural & Process Safety; the Life Saving Rules; and the requirements of the INEOS Group Guidance Notes.
- Manage the maintenance team (mechanical and electrical/instrumentation resources).
- Ensure that maintenance activities are completed as specified by the Mechanical and Electrical & Instrument Engineers.
- Deliver preventive maintenance plans and lead the team to react rapidly to plant breakdowns, consistently reducing breakdown levels and ensuring that feedback is captured on all activities.
- Ensure legislative compliance is achieved in the work carried out by the maintenance team.
- Ensure site targets and budgets are met in maintenance activities.
- Responsible for third party contractors who deliver maintenance support to the site, ensuring that services are provided in a safe, efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Responsible for all maintenance engineering stores stock requisitions on site.
Key skills and experience:
- 5 years supervisory experience in a multi-function maintenance department.
- Experience working on a COMAH high-hazard chemical site would be an advantage.
- A good breadth of engineering knowledge is required to be able to support both Mechanical and E&I disciplines.
- Knowledge of maintenance operations and techniques.
- IT, SAP, PLC and SCADA familiarity.
- A ‘no compromise’ approach to SHE.
- A thorough approach to planning and follow up.
- Able to identify priorities quickly and adapt rapidly.
- Able to assess performance capability of service providers.
- Strong leader.
- Able to organise self and others and perform under pressure.
- Influencing skills.
INOVYN is a company of INEOS. INEOS is a global manufacturer of petrochemicals, speciality chemicals and oil products. It comprises 34 businesses each with a major chemical company heritage. Its production network spans 183 sites in 26 countries throughout the world.
This is a direct Company recruitment. We will not accept applications via employment agencies