Runcorn MCP Limited is a 50/50 joint venture between Vynova (Part of the International Chemical Investors Group (ICIG) and INOVYN (Part of the INEOS Group) which operates a state-of-the-art membrane electrolysis plant for the production of Chlorine, Caustic Soda and Hydrogen . The plant is one of the largest cellrooms in Europe and is located at the Runcorn Site in Cheshire
Main role purpose:
The post holder is responsible for maintenance of mechanical equipment, fault diagnosis, short term breakdowns and task/overhaul work ensuring compliance with engineering standards.
Key responsibilities & accountabilities:
- Act as the ‘go to’ person for problem solving, implementing improvements and maintaining standards.
- Recognised as the local expert in maintenance best practices.
- Liaise directly with relevant engineers and managers regarding production problems and improvement work, escalating issues when necessary.
- Prioritise work in conjunction with the relevant manager.
- Liaise directly with external resources (workshops, contractors, manufacturers, suppliers).
Key skills & experience:
- Relevant qualification e.g. NVQ level 3, C&G, ONC.
- High concern for standards.
- Proactive and self-motivated.
- Good communication skills.
- Flexible approach.
- Broad skill base with experience on a varied range of process/mechanical equipment.
- Experience of working on a high hazard COMAH chemical plant preferred.
- Ability to plan and prioritise work.