Interested in joining a winning team? A team whose employees share in the ownership of the business and are empowered to make a difference?
Contribute to an organization that is the home to some of petrochemicals most innovative and cutting-edge operations, with two world-scale acetyl plants. The INEOS Acetyls is a business engaged in the entire value chain from manufacturing through to marketing and sales. INEOS Acetyls is one of the world's leading manufacturers of acetic acid and its derivatives, and owns & deploys its leading technology in Europe, Asia and US.
The Acetyls Americas team is responsible for the sales, marketing, customer service, logistics and supply for the US acetic acid business. The US Acetyls market is forecast to grow steadily over the next few years and the business is committed to a growth agenda to capture a substantial portion of this market growth. Our core product range is Acetic Acid and Acetic Anhydride.
To lead the Logistics and Customer Service team to ensure business needs/KPIs are met and service delivery across all areas are safe, controlled and of high quality.To manage the supply chain/logistics of both feedstocks and finished product for the Acetyls Americas business inclusive of all logistics and logistics procurement activities, alongside being responsible for identifying, evaluating and proposing options for improvement and efficiencies.To ensure a clear and robust customer service process is implemented, that is responsive to customer requirements: processes orders in a timely manner, ensures accurate and timely invoicing and collection of cash.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
Accountability 1: Logistics Operations
- Responsible for short- and long-term logistics planning and execution to safely and cost effectively deliver products or move raw materials.
- Set and get agreement on the annual logistics budget
- Monitor and intervene logistics network performance ensuring on-time delivery and customer satisfaction
- Ensure all necessary certifications are complied with and maintained (ISO, Kosher, Food, etc.)
- Ensure compliance with all country, regional, and local laws and regulations for the transport and shipment of products (ISO, DOT, DEA, etc.)
- Ensure reliable supply chains for truck, rail and ship are in place and adhered to at all times.
- Ensure the impact of demurrage is minimized and recovery from 3rd parties is achieved wherever possible
- Ensure that all Working Capital targets are delivered
Accountability 2: Customer Services
- Responsible for ensuring, through designed processes and strong leadership, that deliveries are on time and risks are mitigated along the way to ensure the full delivery target KPI of 98% is achieved.
- Ensure, through designed processes and leadership, that all invoicing is accurate, 100% of the time to customers.
- To ensure, through individual/team development and leadership, that a customer focused and responsive supply chain and customer service team is in place.
- To ensure robust and pro-active cash collection processes are in place and minimize credit blocks.
Accountability 3: Manufacturing Coordination
- Responsible for the daily / working relationship with the Logistics, Customer Service, and Quality team at the Texas City plant
- Schedule, set agendas, and coordinate key manufacturing / commercial meetings (business team meetings, control meetings)
- Leverage expertise within the wider INEOS businesses to problem solve or identify improvements
- Interface with Operations Director on areas of improvement on reliability and SHE
Accountability 4: Logistics Procurement
- Manage and direct the procurement of Logistics services for the Acetyls Americas business
- Negotiate the Contract of Affreightment for ocean-going vessel shipments to Brazil. Negotiate spot charters for shipments to Europe and Asia.
- Bid out and negotiate acetic acid pipeline service contract
- Ensure competitive bids and manage contracts for truck, rail, rail car leases, and terminal service contracts
Accountability 5: Logistics Optimization
- Ensures maximum logistics asset utilization, by ensuring assets are available in the right location and at the right time
- Determine the optimal customer sourcing from production and inventory locations to minimize logistics costs and maximum on-time delivery performance
- Optimize the distribution network by adding new terminal locations or closing existing terminal locations
- Determine optimal rail fleet size and rail car lease expirations to minimize overall rail fleet costs
Accountability 6: Business integration
- Responsible for integrating the logistics activities into INEOS and network with peers across the Acetyls businesses and sites (i.e Texas City)
- Benchmark logistics costs and identify opportunities to consolidate spend across US based INEOS businesses
- Lead the team and give insights to the business through a deep understanding of the costs and market trends, which ensure accurate costs are in the business margin models and recovery from customer.
Skills & Knowledge Required:
- Degree level education essential – ideally in science or business administration
- Minimum 10 years’ experience within the petrochemical industry (alongside good understanding of manufacturing operations)
- Extended experience in technical and commercial functions and proven commercial acumen
- Good understanding of Customer Services and relationship value
- Highly developed purchasing, negotiation, and coordination skills
- Ability to rapidly understand and interpret information on market dynamics
- Sound understanding of several logistics modes (rail, road, marine)
- Experience of managing complex supply chains and tight working capital targets at a management/leadership level
- Expert in delivering high levels of customer service to a diverse range of customers
- Strong competence with standard business software (Excel / Word / PowerPoint)
- Strong (proven) leadership skills
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to influence without formal authority and work across different cultures
- Excellent at 3rd party stakeholder engagement and management, comfortable fronting external relationships and deputising for the Commercial Director
- Comfortable operating in areas beyond core expertise with a significant level of autonomy
- Excellent problem solving & influencing skills to provide the best business outcome in a dynamic work environment
- Highly motivated, self-reliant, and proactive mindset.
- Excellent written/oral communication and presentation skills and ability to build effective working relationships
- Strong time management and organisational skills
- Well-developed strategic and analytical thinking skills
Our culture is one of honesty and integrity with an emphasis on safety, health and environmental performance.On our team, people are acknowledged for embracing new practices that help create real value for customers.