Lead I&E Engineer
Pasadena, Texas - Polymers United States (US)
INEOS Styrolution America LLC
We Have Great Chemistry
We believe diversity is perceiving difference; inclusion is valuing it. Without inclusion, we cannot unlock the value that diversity has to offer. Everyone has a seat at our company table. Our employees bring their unique selves to work daily, have a sense of belonging, and contribute to our core values. We have an inclusive approach, which is open and transparent. We respect and value diversity and believe in equality of opportunity. We do this by valuing and respecting cultural differences and welcoming diversity of thought and perspectives from all our employees.
The Position: Lead I&E Engineer -
The Lead I&E Reliability Engineer supports site operations with the purpose of improving, through engineering excellence, the reliability of all instrument, controls, and electrical (ICE) manufacturing equipment throughout the site. This position provides engineering expertise to solve instrumentation, controls, electrical, and electrical distribution issues for the site.
The Lead I&E Engineer is a technical resource and subject matter expert (SME) for the site as both day-to-day operational support and capital project support. As such this role must properly assess and improve reliability effectively collaborating with operations, maintenance, and capital project teams.
What you will do:
- This position – and all positions - within the INEOS Styrolution organization requires that the incumbent commit to learning, following and practicing the INEOS 20 Principles of Process and Behavioral Safety. Each employee must also commit to following the INEOS Life-Saving Rules on a daily basis. These Principles and Rules are posted within each INEOS Styrolution facility.
- Champion the 20 Principles and Life Saving Rules
- Lead/participate in incident investigations to identify root causes and corrective recommendations to prevent reoccurrence.
- Participation and leadership as needed to ensure compliance with Process Safety Management elements especially as relates to reliability best practice execution.
- Supports asset integrity management through the scheduling and planning of Preventative Maintenance
- Develop predictive and condition-based reliability monitoring and improvement programs based on manufacture’s recommendation and/or best engineering practices.
- Support an evergreen equipment criticality analysis (ECA) process, considering reliability and integrity for the critical assets and protective systems.
- Support the development of capital projects to improve safety and reliability.
- Support incident investigations providing expertise to identify causes and corrective recommendations to prevent reoccurrence. Become proficient at root cause analysis techniques such as Cause Mapping™.
- Support Process Hazard Analysis (PHA), Layers of Protection Analysis (LOPA), SIF/SIL, and other risk assessments.
- Support Management of Change (MOC) processes ensuring changes are managed through a rigorous MOC process, and through PHA and PSSR evaluations.
- Provides innovative and cost-effective solutions to problems with all instrument, controls, and electrical (ICE) equipment.
- Supports maintenance as needed to analyze, evaluate, and select materials or equipment best suited for repair or replacement of manufacturing equipment to maintain reliability and optimize maintenance repair costs.
- Analyzes ICE failures and recommends equipment modifications and process revisions to improve the reliability and availability of the production units.
- Assists the site maintenance team as an engineering resource when required.
- Identifies reliability ‘bad actors’ and prioritizes reliability improvement.
- Provides ICE technical support in preparation and support for unit shutdowns, turnarounds, and start-ups.
- Provides ICE technical leadership for capital projects to provide guidance and review to ensure reliable and cost-effective manufacturing systems.
Support of quality of work efforts through procedure updates, participating in audits and similar efforts to maximize work quality and site reliability.
What you will bring:
Level of Education & Knowledge (Relevant experience, in some cases, may substitute for a portion or all of the required education):
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering
- Five (5+) to Eight (8+) or more years experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably petrochemical.
Following are preferred experience, knowledge and skills:
- Ten (10+) years experience in hydrocarbon or polymer processes.
- A working understanding of large, manufacturing equipment (rotating equipment, heaters, exchangers, tanks, etc.) including the mechanical, electrical, and instrumentation aspects of such equipment.
- Familiarity and experience with DCS and PLC controls systems.
- Familiarity with electrical distribution systems, variable frequency drive systems, and typical industrial systems instrumentation.
- Understands project and maintenance best practices and the impact of reliability on unit operations.
- Experience with integrity assurance systems for instrumentation, controls, and electrical systems is preferred.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite and similar applications.
Physical demands: Ability to work at heights, work in confined spaces, lift up to 25 Lbs. occasionally, and work in the environment (outdoors; seasonal exposure to heat and cold).
The Location: This opportunity is located in Pasadena, Texas - Polymers United States (US), only #of miles from the largest city.
What We Offer You
- A safe and drug-free work environment
- Career development, job progression, and tuition reimbursement
- Flexible work environment, paid vacation, and sick time
- A comprehensive health benefits package with low premiums to support employee wellbeing
- Retirement savings with company match plus contributions
- Above-market compensation including performance-related pay and bonuses
- Fitness reimbursement to encourage employees to stay healthy and active
- No. 1 global leader in styrenics: Styrene Monomer, Polystyrene, Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene Standard, and Styrenic Specialties
- 3,600 employees worldwide
- 20 manufacturing sites in 10 countries
- Customers in 106 countries
- 6 billion EUR in 2021
We are excited to hear from you and share more about our organization.
All the best,
The INEOS Styrolution Talent Team
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application