Laboratory Day technician
Title: Laboratory Day Technician
Hours: 37.5 per week
Location: INEOS Laboratory Grangemouth
Are you in?
A truly global company, INEOS comprises of 36 businesses with 194 sites in 29 countries throughout the world. We also encompass a range of consumer brands and sports interests.
We pride ourselves in offering a working environment that is friendly and welcoming, that offers employees true autonomy and empowerment and that enables everyone to achieve their goals and to have a fulfilling professional career with us.
ABOUT OUR OPPORTUNITY
We currently have a vacancy for a day technician at our Grangemouth Laboratory. The post holder will provide a depth of knowledge and understanding in a particular field to enhance the technical and analytical laboratory service to the Grangemouth Site and associated businesses. The post holder will identify improvements and implement solutions to laboratory working practices and procedures, in combination with the ability to plan and prioritise daily workload within specified area.
- Within own area, organise and prioritise analyses to provide prompt and accurate testing of routine or non-routine samples to the required standards of quality, cost and safety. Work on set programmes with minimum supervision to agreed deadlines. Can operate independently.
- Report results through LIMS, correlate reports and ability to interpret data. Application of various IT packages to assist reporting of analytical data.
- Author of methods/operating instructions, reviewing as required.
- Ownership of equipment/calibrations/performance-monitoring checks, ensuring accurate records are documented for audit purposes. Monitor and investigate any anomalies.
- Ensure all quality and HSE records are kept to meet laboratory services needs and those of company initiatives and statutory responsibilities
- Have an HNC/Degree in a Chemistry related discipline
- Have knowledge of a wide range of analytical techniques.
WHAT WE OFFER
- 34 days holiday
- Benefits Platform – access to discounts on high street stores etc. Discounted PMI, Travel Insurance etc.
- Up to 20% Discretionary Bonus Opportunity
- Scottish Widows Contributory Pension including employer contributions
- Free On-site Gym & Classes
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Enhanced maternity leave
- Salary Sacrifice Car and Cycle to Work Scheme
- Ongoing Career Development
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should submit their CV via ineosopportunities.co.uk
Pre-screen (If applicable)
Applicants with a successful CV may be invited to an online MS Teams or telephone call to further discuss the role, the organisation and your suitability.
Successful applicants will then be invited to interview which will consist of behavioural and technical questions.
If you are selected as the preferred candidate you will receive a provisional offer which will be subject to a medical assessment and reference checks.
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application