IT SERVICE DESK & DESKTOP TEAM LEADER
Title: IT Service Desk & Desktop Support Team Leader
Hours: 37.5 per week
Location: Grangemouth HQ
Contract type: Permanent
Are you in?
A truly global company, INEOS comprises of 36 businesses with 194 sites in 29 countries throughout the world. We also encompass a range of consumer brands and sports interests.
We pride ourselves in offering a working environment that is friendly and welcoming, that offers employees true autonomy and empowerment and that enables everyone to achieve their goals and to have a fulfilling professional career with us.
INEOS Grangemouth is an integrated refinery and petrochemicals centre of excellence. We are the largest manufacturing site in Scotland. Click here to find out more Grangemouth | INEOS
ABOUT OUR OPPORTUNITY
Are you keen to be involved in a variety of project tasks? Do you have the ability to actively analyse and troubleshoot whilst leading a team?
This role is responsible for leading a team of Service Desk and Desktop Team staff members, located in Grangemouth & Aberdeen.
You will be part of a busy team providing on-site and remote technical assistance to business customers based at Grangemouth and Aberdeen and other remote sites.
You will be required to manage a busy IT Service Desk and must be able to prioritise team resources & tasks to provide desktop support for a wide range of devices, hardware, software, network, systems and other computing related technologies while ensuring that first level call handling targets are met.
You will also be involved in project activities where Service Desk and Desktop specific skills and experience is required as part of new service implementations and upgrades.
Main responsibilities will be but are not limited to:
- Managing client support incidents and requests by phone and/or automated helpdesk system tickets.
- Manage IT service desk & desktop function and end point support services, associated hardware, client software, audio-visual, telephony and peripheral equipment
- To lead, manage and deliver IT Service Desk and Desktop projects ensuring that they are delivered on time, on budget and meet the stated business requirements.
- Monitor the performance of the service desk and the production and preparation of reports for management against any SLA’s
- Act as an escalation point for customers relating to end point and general service desk & desktop issues and complaints.
- Manage and maintain PC Hardware asset management system
Please note you must hold a UK Driving Licence as this is essential.
- Proven, relevant professional and technical experience/qualifications within the IT Sector & ensure that skills are maintained and updated
- Proven work experience in leading a service desk & desktop support team including incident management and managing service requests
- Proven Track record in managing automated helpdesk and asset management systems
- An excellent appreciation for the wider IT landscape
- Proven IT Technical background in a customer facing environment
- Extensive knowledge of computer hardware and software
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent knowledge of current Microsoft operating systems and client software
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- A full UK Driving Licence
You may also have:
- ITIL foundation level certification
- MCDST or role based equivalent
WHAT WE OFFER
- 34 days holiday
- Benefits Platform – access to discounts on high street stores etc. Discounted PMI, Travel Insurance etc.
- Up to 20% Discretionary Bonus Opportunity
- Scottish Widows Contributory Pension including employer contributions
- Free On-site Gym & Classes
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Enhanced maternity leave
- Salary Sacrifice Car and Cycle to Work Scheme
- Ongoing Career Development
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should submit their CV via ineosopportunities.co.uk
Pre-screen (If applicable)
Applicants with a successful CV may be invited to an online MS Teams or telephone call to further discuss the role, the organisation and your suitability.
Successful applicants will then be invited to interview which will consist of behavioural and technical questions.
If you are selected as the preferred candidate you will receive a provisional offer which will be subject to a medical assessment and reference checks.
additional useful links
Hydrogen Fuel Network Trial
Click here to find out how INEOS Grangemouth are involved in the switch to hydrogen UK Gas Network switch to hydrogen
Click here to find out more about our other businesses across the globe We are INEOS
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application