IT DESKTOP & SERVICE DESK ANALYST
Title: IT Desktop & Service Desk Analyst
Hours: 37.5 per week
Type: 6 month PAYE contract with potential to go permanent
Are you in?
A truly global company, INEOS comprises of 36 businesses with 194 sites in 29 countries throughout the world. We also encompass a range of consumer brands and sports interests.
We pride ourselves in offering a working environment that is friendly and welcoming, that offers employees true autonomy and empowerment and that enables everyone to achieve their goals and to have a fulfilling professional career with us.
Are you keen to be involved in a variety of project tasks? Do you have the ability to actively analyse and troubleshoot?
ABOUT OUR OPPORTUNITY
We are looking for a Desktop & Service Desk Analyst to join our busy team providing on-site and remote technical assistance to business customers based at Grangemouth and remote sites.
This exciting role involves both first line telephony and second line desktop technical support. You will be required to work on-site and assist with hardware installations, computer builds, client software upgrades, active directory administration, system integrations, and other desktop related incidents and requests.
You will also be involved in project activities where Service Desk and Desktop specific skills and experience is required as part of new service implementations and upgrades.
- Responding to client support incidents and requests by phone and/or automated helpdesk system tickets.
- Troubleshooting and resolving hardware, network and client software issues.
- Building, deploying and maintaining desktop computers and related peripherals.
- Installing and upgrading operating systems and client software.
- Advising on client software or hardware upgrades.
- Maintaining an asset management system of all client machines.
- User and workstation administration using Active Directory.
- Troubleshooting and resolving email issues (Outlook client and M365).
- Providing support and assistance for meeting room audio visual equipment.
- Extensive knowledge of computer hardware and software
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proven work experience as a desktop engineer
- Excellent knowledge of current Microsoft operating systems and client software
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of automated helpdesk and asset management systems
- A full UK Driving Licence
You may also:
- ITIL foundation level certification
- MCDST or role based equivalent
Please note this role is for 6 months initially, with the potential to go permanent, so no visa applications will be considered. You must also hold a UK Driving Licence as this is essential.
WHAT WE OFFER (PERMANENT ROLES)
- 34 days holiday
- Benefits Platform – access to discounts on high street stores etc. Discounted PMI, Travel Insurance etc.
- Up to 20% Discretionary Bonus Opportunity
- Scottish Widows Contributory Pension including employer contributions
- Free On-site Gym & Classes
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Enhanced maternity leave
- Salary Sacrifice Car and Cycle to Work Scheme
- Ongoing Career Development
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should submit their CV via ineosopportunities.co.uk
Pre-screen (If applicable)
Applicants with a successful CV may be invited to an online MS Teams or telephone call to further discuss the role, the organisation and your suitability.
Successful applicants will then be invited to interview which will consist of behavioural and technical questions.
If you are selected as the preferred candidate you will receive a provisional offer which will be subject to a medical assessment and reference checks.
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application