At INEOS Pigments, we value the contribution of our people in making us one of the largest producers of titanium dioxide in North America. Providing numerous products and services to industries around the globe, from coatings to plastics to paper and other end-uses, we invest in employee development and offer a wide range of career opportunities, offering everyone the chance to broaden their experience and build a professionally rewarding career.
About the role
The Instrumentation and Electrical Technicians are responsible for troubleshooting and repairing electrical and instrumentation issues that would negatively impact the safe operation of plant systems. They also proactively test, repair and upgrade electrical and instrumentation systems. Willing to work overtime as needed and during plant outages. This is a safety critical role.
Key activities include:
- Safely and efficiently maintain/repair manufacturing and utilities equipment in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Monitor and troubleshoot manufacturing equipment and process. Report deviations, equipment failures, and hazards and assist in plant investigations and problem resolutions
- Utilize computer systems to obtain spare parts for equipment repairs and complete any documentation / reports as required
- Participate and successfully complete training and development activities
- Provide on–the–job training for other maintenance personnel as needed
- Participate on project teams identifying and sharing continuous improvement ideas to enhance equipment reliability, safety, and process improvements and cost reduction
- Maintain a high standard of housekeeping, display safe working practices in all duties and identify, correct and report hazardous situations
- Establish and share maintenance best practices
- Complete reports and documentation accurately as required
- Ensure adherence to INEOS Pigments Process and Behavioral Safety Principles and Life Saving Rules
- Complete all documentation accurately
- Review, comprehend and follow all company rules, policies and guidelines
- Perform other duties as assigned
You will ideally have:
- High school education or equivalent required. Technical associates degree a plus
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in electrical and/or instrumentation
- Previous chemical plant experience a plus
- Excellent communications skills
- Computer skills using Microsoft Office programs
- Must be able to work rotating shift schedule
- Physically capable of climbing stairs and ladders
- Able to work in outdoor environment in all seasonal weather extremes
The base rate for an Instrumentation and Electrical Technician is $33.15 per hour. This is a 8-hour day or 12-hour shift position.
Our Ashtabula, Ohio Complex, consisting of two plants just south of Lake Erie, is a state of the art manufacturing complex with leading technology and more than 45 years of manufacturing excellence.
INEOS Pigments offers a competitive salary with an annual bonus and a comprehensive benefits package, including paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, long-term disability with the buy-up option, basic life & AD&D insurance with a buy-up option for self and dependents, 401(k) with company match.
Read about "EEO is the Law"
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application