INEOS Composites US LLC
INEOS has an opportunity for an Instrumentation & Electrician Technician at our Los Angeles, CA plant.
The Instrument & Electrician Technician is responsible for the installation, preventive maintenance and repair of all facility instrumentation and electrical components, utilities, and chemical processing equipment, including but not limited to: valves, transmitters, motors, VFD’s, MCC, DCS, and PLC components. The successful candidate must have prior experience in a chemical or industrial environment. Be able to safely and effectively troubleshoot, repair and calibrate designated equipment, take appropriate actions, complete work orders and inspection reports, document findings, and provide appropriate feedback. The successful candidate will perform preventive maintenance tasks on electrical and some mechanical equipment and help identify and implement reliability improvements. Must understand and comply with OHSA, NFPA and NEC Standards and company policies and procedures. Prior mechanical experience is preferred. The Instrument Mechanic reports to the Maintenance Manager.
Comprehensive Benefits Program
- Employee benefits include Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Disability Benefits
- Medical offered through Union plan
- Highly competitive 401(K) plan; 3% employer contribution and an employer match of 100% on the first 6% of employee contributions
- Responsible for the installation, preventive maintenance and repair of all facility instrumentation and electrical components, utilities and chemical processing equipment, including but not limited to: valves, transmitters, motors, VFD’s, MCC, DCS, and PLC components
- Have experience in Motor alignment tasks
- Familiarity with layout / installation of rigid and flexible conduit including use of tube bending equipment,
- Complete work orders as directed, document findings and provide appropriate feedback.
- Learn other general mechanical maintenance tasks/duties (e.g. boiler operation, general pump troubleshooting and maintenance, piping systems, miscellaneous preventive maintenance tasks, etc.)
- Must meet at least ONE of the following criteria:
- Certified Journeyman as an electrician or instrument technician.
- Completion of an accredited vocational technical training program as an electrician or instrument technician and minimum 5 years experience in the chemical or related industries.
- Equivalent industry experience as an electrician or instrument technician in the chemical or related industries may be considered.
- Must be willing to work overtime, shutdowns, and call-ins, as required.
- Must be able to perform the essential physical requirements of the position.
- Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Must be willing to learn other general mechanical maintenance tasks/duties (e.g. boiler operation, general pump troubleshooting and maintenance, piping systems, miscellaneous preventive maintenance tasks, etc.)
- Must be able to read and understand P&ID and electrical diagrams and other complex electrical drawings and manuals.
- Must be proficient in troubleshooting 120 volt AC and 4-20ma controls, 480 volt motors and switch gear and loop controlled systems.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen, physical, and background check.
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application