INEOS Olefins & Polymers USA
Interested in joining a winning team? A team whose employees are empowered to make a difference?
INEOS is a global manufacturer of petrochemicals, specialty chemicals and oil products. It comprises 36 businesses each with a major chemical company heritage. Its production network spans 194 sites in 29 countries throughout the world. The INEOS Olefins & Polymers USA business is a major participant in the North American chemical industry, with an annual manufacturing capacity of 9.6 billion pounds of petrochemicals. Manufacturing sites include Chocolate Bayou Works (Alvin, TX), Battleground Manufacturing Complex (La Porte, TX), and Carson (Carson, CA), with a corporate office in League City, TX.
The 300-acre INEOS Battleground Manufacturing Complex (BMC) was originally built in 1956 and is located on the Houston ship channel east of Houston, Texas. Currently, BMC produces both high-density polyethylene and polypropylene. The polypropylene line has a capacity of approximately 320 million pounds per year, and the seven polyethylene lines have a combined capacity of approximately 3 billion pounds per year. The BMC site has a state-of-the-art technical center which integrates research and development, technical services and quality assurance.
Responsibilities AND Accountabilities
This position is part of the Maintenance team at the Battleground Manufacturing Complex.
- The position is accountable for understanding and putting into practice the INEOS 20 Principles.
- Ensure standard procedures are followed to meet safety and environmental compliance.
- Use hazard recognition on each activity to ensure work is completed in a safe and effective manner.
- Active participation in behavior based safety processes.
- Work with interdisciplinary team to accomplish daily work activities.
- Participate in cross-functional teams to identify and solve ongoing reliability problems to increase equipment reliability.
- Test and evaluate instrument or analytical performance as compared to plant specifications, repair malfunctioning equipment, and return it to within tolerance conditions.
- Record key measurements to facilitate analysis of failures and development of improvement initiatives
- Perform preventive and predictive maintenance on instrument and analyzer systems.
- Use troubleshooting tools and resources, including: schematic drawings, logic diagrams, loop drawings, and PLC program printouts to recommend/execute corrective actions on complex operational/instrument/analytical problems.
- Remove and install equipment, including testing to insure proper operation prior to return to service
- Identify appropriate spare parts for equipment.
- Troubleshoot operational problems with flow, level, pressure and temperature instrumentation, systems controlled by programmable logic controllers, and systems controlled by distributive control systems. Areas of responsibility will also include screw feeders, melt indexers, gas chromatographs, oxygen and combustible analyzers, and sample systems.
Skills & Knowledge Required
- High School Diploma or equivalency.
- Minimum of five years of experience as an Instrumentation Technician in an industrial maintenance environment OR two years of experience as an Instrumentation Technician in an industrial maintenance environment with an associate’s degree in a related technical field.
- Ability to Read and interpret drawings which include P&ID’s, loop, schematic, logic diagrams, wiring diagrams, PLC program printouts, electrical schematics and panel schedules.
- Knowledge and experience with Test Equipment including Industrial multimeters, multifunction process calibrators for temperature, pressure, flow, frequency and resistance, 4-20ma loop calibrators / clamp meters, high pressure calibrators up to 5,000psi, load cell calibrators, Hart communicator.
Must be able to work in a variety of environments that include both fieldwork and deskwork. Minimum requirements include:
- Maintaining constant awareness of personal safety and the safety of all other personnel. This includes knowledge of unit operation, procedures, and rules.
- Being able to work in a safety sensitive environment that includes large rotating equipment and hazardous chemicals.
- The manufacturing facility is located outside in the Houston ship channel area. As such, the Instrumentation Technician must be able to withstand both high temperatures and high humidity while wearing the appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Must be comfortable working in a loud or dusty environment that could include exposure to fumes / odors or vibration from surrounding equipment.
- Being able to ascend and descend a barrel ladder with continuous vertical length of up to 35 feet.
- Being able to climb and descend stairs up to a total structure height of 150 feet.
- Being physically able to wear and navigate through the unit with a respirator if needed.
- Being able to pick up a 50 lb. object such as a fire extinguisher.
- Being able to work at a desk and operate routine items such as a computer and calculator.
INEOS Olefins & Polymers USA is an equal opportunity employer.
Candidates are required to be fully COVID vaccinated.
If you are selected for a position, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-employment drug screen (and alcohol screening/medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-employment verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process.
INEOS Olefins & Polymers USA does not accept or retain unsolicited resumes or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
Our culture is one of honesty and integrity with an emphasis on safety, health and environmental performance. On our team, people are acknowledged for embracing new practices that help create real value for customers.
Our culture is one of honesty and integrity with an emphasis on safety, health and environmental performance.On our team, people are acknowledged for embracing new practices that help create real value for customers.
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application