Part of INEOS, INOVYN is Europe's leading producer of vinyls and in the top three worldwide. With an annual turnover of €3.1 billion, INOVYN has circa 4,200 employees and chemical manufacturing, sales and marketing operations in 8 countries across Europe.
INOVYN’s portfolio consists of an extensive range of class-leading products arranged across General Purpose Vinyls; Specialty Vinyls; Organic Chlorine Derivatives; Chlor Alkali; Hydrogen and Vinyls Technologies. INOVYN's annual commercial production volume is circa 10 milliontonnes. See www.inovyn.com and www.ineos.com for more details.
Main role purpose:
The post holder manages the provision of a financial accounting service to INOVYN UK legal entities and a financial and management accounting service to two UK joint ventures, ensuring adherence to externally determined accounting standards and fiscal regulations and deadlines.
Key responsibilities & accountabilities:
- Manage the financial accounting activities.
- Manage the preparation and filing of the annual statutory accounts.
- Manage the completion of the annual tax packs, inclusive of the coordination and review of overseas inputs into the process.
- Manage all VAT requirements and act as the finance interface for customs compliance requirements.
- Lead, motivate and develop each member of the financial accounting team so that there is a continuous improvement in the performance of both individuals and the team.
Key skills & experience:
- Professionally qualified accountant (ideally an ACA qualified accountant).
- Minimum 5 years post-qualification experience.
- Experience leading a team.
- Excellent knowledge of accounting principles and an up-to-date understanding of financial reporting standards (UK and International).
- A good understanding of direct (specifically corporation) and indirect (notably VAT) tax rules and regulations, in both the UK and Europe.
- Highly organised, able to manage a demanding individual workload coupled with team management.
- Strong interpersonal and persuasive skills.
- Able to liaise and influence people at all levels, as well as external finance professionals.
- Strong level of independence.
- High concern for standards is essential.
INOVYN is a company of INEOS. INEOS is a global manufacturer of petrochemicals, speciality chemicals and oil products. It comprises 34 businesses each with a major chemical company heritage. Its production network spans 183 sites in 26 countries throughout the world.
This is a direct Company recruitment. We will not accept applications via employment agencies