INEOS Composites US LLC
Global Feedstocks Category Manager
INEOS is a global chemical company with products touch every aspect of modern day life comprised of 36 businesses with 194 sites in 29 countries throughout the world. INEOS also encompasses consumer brands and sports interests.
INEOS Pigments USA, Inc. is headquartered in Columbus, Ohio alongside the INEOS Enterprise businesses and has production facilities in in Ashtabula, OH that safely and efficiently produce titanium dioxide pigment (TiO₂) and titanium chemicals products that are sold globally. The company is one of the largest producers of TiO₂, a bright white powder made from titanium ore. Titanium dioxide is a unique material delivering an unparalleled refractive index value, making it ideal for applications where opacity is required. TiO₂ makes possible opacity, brightness and durability in a variety of end uses like coatings, plastics and paper.
The Regional Category Manager leads strategy development and execution for sourcing and delivering strategic raw materials for the business. This involves developing and delivering strategies that provide optionality to the business, sustainable competitive cost advantage, and manage risk and vulnerabilities throughout the supply chain.
This role focuses on developing effective sourcing strategies for economic efficiency, supply assurance, and product quality. Managing bulk chartering ensures proper inventory levels of key raw materials like ore, Chlorine and calcined coke. The annual spend for categories like these is approximately $500 Million.
The position builds a strong supply base by nurturing partnerships and driving operational excellence from qualification to delivery. The Manager negotiates supply agreements, enhances supplier service levels, and aligns strategies with business plans and objectives. Collaboration with stakeholders optimizes knowledge and investments.
The role involves regular interaction with external stakeholders, including strategic suppliers and trade organizations. Interaction with INEOS Pigments' executive management to include CEO is crucial due to the significance of the annual spend on raw materials and logistics.
Level of Education & Experience
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in engineering or business applications
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in procurement roles with 5 years of globally traded feedstock and marine bulk shipping experience ideally within the chemical/process or allied industries, with recent experience in a materially similar, senior level position.
- Demonstrated strong Operation, Finance and Strategic Planning knowledge in building category strategies.
- Strategic Sourcing / Category Management experience .
- Demonstrated ability to leverage market intelligence, lead negotiation of supply agreement terms, and continuously drive improved supplier service levels through leadership and direction on a cross functional basis.
- Experience establishing logistics strategies and plans to meet organizational objectives for major inbound raw materials.
- Minimum of 5 years of contract/commercial experience.
- Proven experience in global sourcing, global logistics, and contracts.
- Proven negotiation skills.
- Proven experience in market dynamics analysis.
- Ability to demonstrate vision and insight in business and translate this into tangible commercial advantages.
- Solid understanding of fiscal budgets, forecasting, preparations and control of operational expenses.
- Strategic mind-set with a deep functional knowledge of procurement practices.
- Demonstrated knowledge of procurement and industry Best Practices.
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to apply the concepts of business systems, team dynamics, strategic planning, and performance measurements to achieve desired business results.
- Experience working with Financial Modelling and Metrics.
- Working knowledge of SAP and BI tools.
- Demonstrated analytical and evaluation skills as well as a demonstrated ability to perform complex analytical and evaluation assignments.
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application